About the IndyBar
The Indianapolis Bar Association is a voluntary professional membership organization with more than 4,500 judicial, attorney, paralegal and law student members. Founded in 1878 by former U.S. President Benjamin Harrison and other prominent local lawyers for the education and support of one another, the IndyBar continues with that same core purpose. The association serves as a leader within the local legal community and offers leadership development programming, pro bono services and community outreach, resources and services to serve association members and more than 200 continuing legal education and social events annually.
Careers at the IndyBar
Part-Time Program Assistant
The Indianapolis Bar Association is seeking an enthusiastic team player to serve as a Program Assistant for 20 hours per week between Monday and Friday. Candidates must be problem solvers who excel in a deadline-oriented, collaborative environment. Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Assistant collaborates with the programming team to help organize multi-faceted projects, work with volunteers, and provide customer service to members of the association.This position also provides event planning support within the Program Department.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare seminar materials, nametags, registration lists, and other forms to support the needs of the program department for member activities.
- Manage various tasks associated with event preparation and wrap up.
- Coordinate physical set-up for events and meetings.
- Attend occasional meetings with volunteers.
- Assist with communication with presenters, members and volunteers.
- Coordinate with outside vendors upon request.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be capable of prioritizing and anticipating upcoming event needs to ensure a positive experience and strong customer service for the members.
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess professional demeanor and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work with a variety of individuals in a membership-based organization.
- High level of attention to detail required.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office.
- Basic computer and office equipment experience.
Experience and Education:
- Associate’s degree or higher in related area of study, preferred.
- One to three years relevant experience in events and/or non-profit field.