By Christopher Engel, Krieg DeVault LLP
In planning for a successful 2018, attorneys should set ambitious, yet obtainable, goals to improve their practice and enhance their career. In a recent episode of her “Hustle & Flow” podcast, attorney turned strategic coach Heather Hubbard explains the top-5 mistakes people make in creating goals. In the episode, Ms. Hubbard discusses:
- Why most us, despite good intentions, aren’t hitting our goals
- When setting goals, consider both your personal and professional life
- You can be hopeful, but you also need to be realistic!
- Why focusing too much on your weaknesses will lead to failure (and the one question you should be asking yourself)
- What “honoring your calendar” means when it comes to goal achievement
- Willpower is not enough – you’ll need this too!
I highly recommend this podcast episode and Ms. Hubbard’s podcast in general. As a former big law attorney, Ms. Hubbard has great insights to the struggles facing young lawyers and gives practical tips on how to overcome those obstacles to help attorneys advance in their career.
If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Young Lawyers Division, please email Kara Sikorski at email@example.com.