INDIANA JUDICIAL NOMINATING COMMISSION NAMES 11 SEMI-FINALISTS FOR PENDING SUPREME COURT VACANCY AFTER FIRST ROUND OF INTERVIEWS
After 17 years of service on the Indiana Supreme Court, Justice Robert Rucker will retire on May 12, 2017. To fill Justice Rucker’s vacancy, the Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission held first round interviews on March 21st and March 22nd for 20 candidates. On the afternoon of March 22, the Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission named the following 11 semifinalists:
- Clark Superior Judge Vicki L. Carmichael, Jeffersonville
- Morgan Superior Judge Peter R. Foley, Martinsville
- Wabash Superior Judge Christopher M. Goff, Wabash
- Floyd Superior Judge Maria D. Granger, New Albany
- Elizabeth C. Green, partner, Riley Bennett Egloff, Indianapolis
- Leslie C. Henderzahs, partner, Church Church Hittle & Antrim PC, Fishers
- St. Joseph Superior Judge Steven L. Hostetler, South Bend
- Boone Superior Judge Matthew C. Kincaid, Lebanon
- William N. Riley, partner, Riley Williams & Piatt LLC, Indianapolis
- Peter J. Rusthoven, partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Indianapolis
- Rep. Thomas W. Washburne, Old National Bancorp., Evansville
The Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission will conduct a second round of interviews on April 17-19 to select the three finalists from which Governor Eric Holcomb will select the new Justice.
For in-depth coverage of the nomniees, please read the following articles from The Indiana Lawyer.
This article was written by Chris Engel, Clark Quinn Moses Scott Grahn LLP. If you would like to write or submit an article for the Young Lawyers Division, please contact Kim Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org.