Keep up-to-date with all things YLD! Take a look at Jennifer Tudor Wright's last YLD chair message.
As 2016 is coming to a close, I am very proud to reflect on all of the accomplishments the YLD has had this year. The following are just a few of the initiatives new to the YLD in 2016:
- Expansion of the “Circle City Connect” Networking Series (partnered with Young Professionals of Central Indiana (YPCI), the Children’s Bureau’s Young Professional Group, the Eiteljorg’s Young Professional Group – Agave, etc.).
- Inclusion of ”Socials for a Cause” (e.g., school supply donation to the Children’s Bureau)
- Emphasis on Family Friendly Events (e.g., YLD Day at the Track, Indy 11 Game)
- Increased YLD Presence at Bench Bar – New YLD Bench Bar Scholarships
- Roll-Out of the IndyBar YLD List-Serv
- Updates to the Go Green Civic Initiative
- Better IndyBar YLD New Member Acclimation
- Creation of the Quarterly “Member Spotlight”
And, the year is not over yet! Please keep in mind the upcoming YLD events:
- November 17, 2016: Circle City Connect Event with the 1925 Society (Children’s Museum’s Young Professional Group)
- November 30, 2016: “Winter is Coming: A Legal Perspective on Navigating the Holidays” CLE
- December 15, 2016: Holiday Party – Duck Pin Bowling
I am pleased to announce that Julie Mahomed will be the Chair of the YLD in 2017, and she will be supported by an amazing team: Stephanie McGowan and Justin Sorrell (Vice Chairs of Continuing Legal Education); Brock Easton and Justin Allen (Vice Chairs of Social); Jenai Brackett and Jen Strange (Vice Chairs of Civic); and Ian Goodman (Secretary/Treasurer). You can absolutely expect great YLD events next year!
Thank you YLD Members for allowing me to be your Chair for 2016!
As always, do not hesitate to reach out to me (or any other members of the 2017 YLD Executive Committee), if you have an interest in becoming more involved, or if you have any suggestions or initiatives that you’d like to see in the New Year! Cheers!
Jennifer Tudor Wright