The Young Lawyers Division (YLD) of the Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) is now seeking nominations for the 2016 “Young Lawyer of the Year Award.”
Each year, the YLD honors one lucky recipient with this Award. This year, the “Young Lawyer of the Year Award” will be presented at the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation Recognition Breakfast on November 15, 2016, at the Meridian Hills Country Club.
If you know an IndyBar YLD member who should be considered for this Award, please submit a brief, one-page nomination to Deneen Fitzgerald, IndyBar Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm EST on October 19, 2016. Please put “IndyBar YLD: Young Lawyer of the Year Nomination” in the subject line of the email. Note, in advance, only current 2016 IndyBar YLD members in good standing will be eligible.
The following information is required for nomination(s):
- Name of Young Lawyer and Contact Information
- Nominator (if different than Nominee) and Contact Information
- Reason(s) for Nomination
The YLD encourages you to include the following when nominating an IndyBar YLD member:
- Why does the Young Lawyer stand out amongst his or her peers?
- Include achievements in the legal profession
- Include Indianapolis civic/community and pro bono contributions
- Include initiatives to educate and inform the legal community and general public (e.g., publications and presentations)
- What has the Young Lawyer contributed to better the Indy Bar for Young Lawyers?
- List IndyBar YLD Committee(s), if any, on which the Young Lawyer has served, and the date(s) of service.
- List other (e.g., non-YLD IndyBar, Young Professional or other Indiana-based) Boards or Committees, if any, on which the Young Lawyer has served in the past two (2) years.
- List IndyBar events (e.g., CLEs, social events, civic events), if any, that the Young Lawyer attended in 2016.
The YLD looks forward to your submission. The “Young Lawyer of the Year” Award recipient can expect notification by the end of October 2016.