The National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) is seeking an energetic, experienced Executive Director to serve in its Chicago headquarters. For a complete version of this job description, click here.
The Executive Director reports to the Executive Board and is responsible for implementing the mission of the organization. As the most senior person on staff, the Executive Director oversees an organizational structure that best serves the timely, efficient and orderly presentation of NAWL’s programs, events and services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organizational and financial management;
- Managing NAWL staff;
- Planning and overseeing the coordination of all programming; and
- Supervising focus areas including membership, development/sponsorship, and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree in law, business administration, public policy, or nonprofit management preferred
- 5–10 years of professional experience, with 3 years in a senior management position
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement long-term forward thinking plans while also reacting to short-term demands
- Legal, nonprofit, and/or diversity and inclusion experience is preferred
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience; health benefits
Applicants should submit resumes to email@example.com by March 31, 2014.