Interest Groups

Holiday Party Drinks: Do You Have to Pay Taxes? - Taxation News

Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.

Tax News

Posted on: Dec 11, 2014

Many firms will hold holiday parties this month in celebration of the season. These parties will involve food and drinks, and from a a tax attorney's perspective, these free refreshments should be considered income. As such, it is reasonable to consider the tax implications of partaking in such refreshments. Check out this article for one tax attorney's lighthearted take on whether or not holiday party imbibers should technically pay taxes on their drinks.


Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) est. 1878 | 4,536 Members (as of 2.11.21)