IndyBar Sports & Entertainment Section
March 30, 2017
- 2017 CLE’s (Cate)
- TRAC 2017 - April 18-19—The number of registrants for TRAC was at 37 as of March 30. Discussion took place about how to get the number up by the time the conference takes place, including reaching out to colleagues in North Carolina.
- Film Licensing and Royalties CLE - Thursday, October 19, 2017 during the Heartland Film Festival. The CLE will be held in the late afternoon at one of the Festival’s screening sites, and program registration will include a ticket to a private film screening immediately following the program.
- Cate Sabatine provided an update on the Film Licensing and Royalties CLE. It will be a 2 hour CLE with a film screening to follow. The location will be somewhere in the Castleton area. The panel will include a Distribution Executive, Licensing/Film Attorney and a Film Director.
- Sexual Abuse in Sports, featuring Katherine Starr, founder of Athletes First Consulting and Safe4Athletes, one of the Indy Star reporters involved in the USA Gymnastics investigation (Tim Evans, Mark Alesia or Marisa Kwiatowski), and a criminal prosecutor as panel presenters.
- Matt Macaluso provided an update on the sexual abuse in sports CLE idea. Planning and the date are open as of the time of the meeting. Kyle Fairchild will assist Matt in planning. More information and an update to come at the next meeting.
- Bench Bar Scholarship (Group): A potential bench bar scholarship of $715 was discussed. The conference takes place from June 15-17. It was decided that if there are funds available and interest, then a scholarship should be provided to someone in the section.
- Indy Attorneys Network CLE and Networking Social Thursday, May 4, 2017 5:30-7:30 at Big Woods Brewery in Speedway (Group): Since the deadline to partner with this social already passed, the individuals within the section and the section can market this to encourage attendance, but it will not be a formal partnership.
- Bar Foundation Gala Contribution (Group): Does the section want to make a donation or put together a basket? Decided to reach out to Cat to see what she would be able to do, and if we could not secure a tangible item then will simply make a donation.
- IndyBar Listserve (Group): Email from Deneen will come to explain the proper use of the listserv. Cate mentioned potential other uses; this will be a continued item of emphasis moving forward.
- IndyBar Forms Library (Cate): It was discussed how the forms library could be used for our group. The difficult part is that sports and entertainment span so many areas of law. Nonetheless, the section will be encouraged to start to utilize the forms library.
- Other business