Now in its seventh year, the Racing Attorney Conference (TRAC) will be held April 8 and 9 at the Hyatt Place Charlote Downtown in Charlotte, North Carolina. See below for a sneak peek a this year's conference agenda.
Tuesday, April 8
Registration; “Breaking in to the Industry / Motorsports 101” optional segment before CLE program • This presentation does not offer MCLE credit.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Sponsorship: “Cutting through the Noise”
- Current market trends
- Solving for perceived loss of bargaining power with creative value adds
- Contract and logistical issues related to managing multiple primary sponsors
Motorsports Accounting, Tax & Finance Issues
- Workers compensation issues and sharing employees
- Disability insurance; driver and crew injuries
- General insurance provisions and risk management practices
- Prize money, owner plans, etc.
- How prize pools are calculated and paid
- What amounts are typically shared with drivers
Wednesday, April 9
“Who Owns What?”: Trademarks/Motorsports IP
- Common intellectual property issues
- Licensing structures
- Ownership of car numbers, trade dress, etc.
- Immigration issues
- Options for foreign drivers and employees
- Logistics and risk management for marketing activation
- Show cars and event management
- Digital rights for webisodes, podcasts, etc.
Lunch with Keynote Speaker
“Motorsports Goes Hollywood”: SAG-AFTRA and Guild Issues
- Application of guilds to motorsports activities
- Compliance with guild requirements
“We Must Protect this House!” Track and General Facilities Issues
- Risk management, waivers and releases
- Logistics, food service and maintenance
- Employees and volunteers
CLE Credit: 9.0 Hours