By Jane Glynn, 2020 Chair of the Solo and Small Firm Division
March 31, 2020
I’ve attached some helpful info for you:
- Listing of email addresses for emergency contacts for each Marion Co. superior court. This will be posted generally on the IndyBar website and in the E-Bulletin, but I thought you might want it in your hot little hand right away!
- Really great booklet/guide on keeping sane while sheltering in place—TONS of ideas for WFH parents, in particular. Thanks to Jennifer Bays Beinart for creating this for JLAP!
- Updated list of additional WFH parent resources.
In addition, IndyBar is feverishly (see what I did there?...) working on some measures to help attorneys whose practices have been especially hard hit by the pandemic. Stay tuned for details within the next week or so!
As always, please reach out if you are struggling, whether that’s professionally or personally. Every day is different right now, and every one is scary. You’re not alone!
March 26, 2020
Hello again, solo and small firm practitioners of the quarantine! I bring you resources!
- Weekly Zoom chat: Beginning March 26 at noon, I will host a weekly lunchtime Zoom chat every Thursday for us solo and small firm practitioners to share thoughts, information, questions, etc. We can enjoy lunch together, give one another support, bounce ideas off of one another, and/or socialize. Drop in and out at your convenience! Email me privately if you’d like an Outlook invite to add to your calendar.
- Parent resources: I know many (all???) of you parents are struggling to WFH with the kiddos. We hear you and want to help! Attached is a list of hot-linked educational, activity and entertainment resources and ideas for kids.
- Marion County COVID-19 update: Marion County courts will be doing live weekly webinar updates and the recordings of each of those can be found here.
- Solos and surrogates: If you are a solo practitioner, be sure you have designated an attorney surrogate as is required! Holler if you have questions or need help with this.
- Stay tuned: IndyBar is working on numerous COVID-19-related webinars, many of which should be particularly helpful for us solo/small firm practitioners. See below and keep your ears peeled for more details!
- Economic relief package: what it means for small businesses & individuals
- Ethics of working remotely
- Employer / Employee Relations
- Effect on Law Students / Professional Development
- Don’t forget:
As this virus thing starts to get really real, please take good care of yourselves and each other, and reach out if you need help of any kind. Together we will get through this!
If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Solo and Small Firm Division, please email Kara Sikorski at firstname.lastname@example.org.