By Jane E.Q. Glynn, Wanzer Edwards PC
Dear Solo/Small Firm Practice Section Member:
As incoming chair of the section, I look forward to meeting and working with you in 2015. To that end, here’s some important section info for December and January.
Executive Committee transition
Many thanks to the 2014 Executive Committee members for their time and work with the committee and with the section this year! I’m pleased to announce the election of the following members to the 2015 Executive Committee:
Chair: Jane E. Q. Glynn, Wanzer Edwards PC
Vice-Chair: Keith L. Hancock, Hollingsworth & Zivitz PC
Secretary: Scott K. Cooke, Cooke Family Law
Treasurer/Social Chair: Julie Chambers, Chambers Law Office LLC
Past Chair: Alexander J. Limontes, Mitchell Hurst Dick & McNelis LLC
- D. Elizabeth Cox, Cox & Koons
- Sonja McMahon, IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law (graduating in December—good luck and congrats!!)
- Melinda O’Dell, O'Dell Law Office
- Chris McGrath, McGrath Law Group
- James A. Mellowitz, The Mellowitz Law Firm
- Matthew Maples, Hocker & Associates LLC
The section is sponsoring three great CLEs this month. Make sure you get your CLE hours in and cram some learnin’ in your brain before the holidays!
- Against the Ropes: Wrestling with Ethical Issues During Mediation and Settlement (CLE, CME): December 3 (4 - 5 pm). Register online here. Please note that the social, previously scheduled to follow the seminar, has been canceled.
- Managing Stress to Avoid Burnout (CLE, ethics): December 8 (4 - 5 pm). Register online here. This CLE is co-sponsored by the Criminal Justice section!
- Surviving & Thriving: Essentials for Starting or Improving Your Solo/Small Practice (CLE, ethics): December 10 (8:30 am – 3:30 pm). Register online here. As a reminder, Surviving & Thriving costs only $175 for section members, and you’ll get 6 hours of general CLE and 2 hours of ethics credits. What a fantastic deal for section members!