Get to know members of the Real Estate & Land Use Section! This blog series highlights section members, their practice and their personal interests. Take a seat and get to know them! This week's post features Matt Nolley of Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP.
- Name and firm: Matt Nolley, Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP
- What is unique about the practice of Real Estate and Land Use law?: We have the unique ability to be a part of a team affecting our community through the development, financing, construction and leasing of new and existing buildings that can change a city’s skyline and/or introduce new jobs, residences and services to a neighborhood.
- How long have you been in Indy?: I moved to Indianapolis in November 2006.
- What do you value most about the practice of law?: I value the ability to have an impact on the community in which I live through the opportunities the practice provides, be that serving on community boards, attending events and supporting organizations that benefit the community in myriad ways or helping to develop and build communities through my specific practice in real estate.
- Why are you involved in the IndyBar?: Indianapolis has a connected legal profession and in particular within the real estate and land use practice areas. I have found that being involved with IndyBar has allowed me to deepen relationships with practitioners in my own practice area and others in a way that may not be as achievable in a transactional setting from the comfort of our offices. I think cultivating those relationships through the bar association improves our ability to work collaboratively and effectively for the benefit of our clients as we share knowledge, experiences and other common interests.
If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Real Estate & Land Use Section, please email Kara Sikorski at firstname.lastname@example.org.