Get to know members of the Real Estate & Land Use Section! This blog series highlights section members, their practice and their personal interests. Take a seat and get to know them! This week's post features Kiamesha Colom of Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP.
- Name and firm: Kiamesha Colom, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
- What is unique about the practice of Real Estate and Land Use law?: Real estate law allows you to become connected to the community, referral sources and clients in a meaningful and consistent manner.
- How long have you been in Indy?: I’ve lived in Indianapolis since the summer of 2004.
- What do you value most about the practice of law?: I value the ability to effectuate change and negotiate deals for the betterment of communities.
- Why are you involved in the IndyBar?: My involvement with the IndyBar began in law school and over time grew to include service on the Diversity Task Force, helping to plan the Diversity Job Fair; service on the Pro Bono Standing Committee and chairing Legal Line; volunteering at Ask a Lawyer; service on the Business Law and Real Estate & Land Use Section's Executive Committees where I have worked on CLE presentations and finally serving the Indianapolis Bar Foundation through my service on the Visibility Committee. I have been and currently am involved in some of these projects because of the camaraderie with fellow attorneys that practice in different areas than my own, it provides me with a chance to give back to the community in a way that requires my legal skills, facilitates a way in which to deepen my knowledge in chosen area of the law and helps me get to know others in the legal arena.
If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Real Estate & Land Use Section, please email Kara Sikorski at firstname.lastname@example.org.