Interest Groups

Real Estate & Land Use Section Executive Committee Meeting Minutes: June - Real Estate and Land Use News

Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.

Real Estate and Land Use News


Posted on: Jul 12, 2017

Real Estate and Land Use Section

Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

June 9, 2017 (Noon)

 

In attendance: Blake Schultz, Jack Donaldson, Russell Brown, Elizabeth Williams, April Pyatt, Katie Hetrick, and Courtney Figg; Marc Pfleging, by phone; From the IndyBar:  Kim Ferguson

 

  1. Meeting was called to order at 12:13 p.m. by Blake Schultz.
  2. Minutes from the May meeting had been previously circulated to the committee.  Russell made the motion to approve, Jack seconded.  The minutes were approved.
  3. Forms Database
    1. Discussion of list of documents provided for the database so far.
    2. A list of the documents to provide was circulated.
  4. CLEs
    1. Strategies for Deals on Environmentally Impaired Property
      1. This is something Russell is working on with August Mack.
      2. Confirmed for September 13, 2017 at noon.
    2. Real Estate Law Update with Brian Crist
      1. Need to determine what time and date work for him.
      2. Blake has talked to him, and they are looking at later in the year.
    3. Forms CLE
      1. October 5, 2017
      2. Jeff Abrams, James Schwarz, John Hamilton, and Marvin Mitchell are confirmed as presenters.
      3. Question of morning or afternoon, 3 hour CLE.
    4. In-house counsel CLE
      1. Jack gave an update regarding ideas regarding a panel discussion with 3-4 people.  This would involve soliciting questions from section members.
      2. Potentially looking at August for this CLE.
      3. Marc will discuss this with other in-house counsel and see what response he gets.
    5. Other CLE topics?
  5. Blog Posts
    1. Need to make sure we have someone posting a blog each month.
    2. Kim will look at who is responsible for sending posts and send a reminder to that member.
  6. Holiday Party
    1. Need to send the first e-mail to the group – Russell to draft.
    2. Looking at November 29 at the Tap – Kim to confirm.
    3. The e-mail will solicit nominations for the award.
  7. Potential New Member
    1. Paralegal Rhonda Graham from Krieg DeVault reached out to participate on the committee.
    2. Kim to reach out to her regarding her interest.
  8. Bar Leader Series Applications
    1. Kim encouraged members to reach out to attorneys with 3-10 years of experience to apply for the Bar Leader Series.
    2. Kim can answer any questions.
  9. Next Meeting
    1. July 14, 2017 at noon.
  10. Meeting adjourned at 12:25 PM

 

DID YOU KNOW?

Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) est. 1878 | 4,536 Members (as of 2.11.21)