Real Estate and Land Use Section
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
May 12, 2017 (Noon)
In attendance: Blake Schultz, Jack Donaldson, Russell Brown, Kiamesha Colom, and Courtney Figg; From the IndyBar: Kim Ferguson
- Meeting was called to order at 12:12 p.m. by Blake Schultz.
- There were no minutes taken at the April meeting.
- Forms Database
- Discussion of list of documents provided for the database so far.
- Blake will send out an e-mail to confirm what is still needed.
- We will add a sales disclosure form as well to provide for those who may not be familiar with it.
- Examining the Latest Market Trends in Commercial Real Estate Financing was held on April 21, 2017 at noon.
- 53 people attended.
- Strategies for Deals on Environmentally Impaired Property
- This is something Russell is working on with August Mack.
- He’s waiting on confirmation of who the speaker will be.
- Holding space for September 13, 2017 at noon.
- Real Estate Law Update with Brian Crist
- Need to determine what time and date work for him.
- Forms CLE
- Need to get a date for the 3-hour CLE – targeting October on a date that works for the presenters.
- Jeff Abrams, James Schwarz, John Hamilton, and Marvin Mitchell are lined up as presenters.
- Each presenter needs to be prepared to fill the time.
- In-house counsel CLE
- Jack will follow up on this to see if we can get counsel to participate.
- Holiday Party
- Targeting either November 29 or 30 at the Tap.
- Will also need to determine submission of nominations for Lifetime Achievement Award – send out information soon.
- Russell to prepare e-mail to go out after next meeting and coordinate getting nominees.
- Blog Postings
- Discussed that information being provided.
- Potential New Member
- Paralegal Rhonda Graham from Krieg DeVault reached out to participate on the committee.
- Kim to reach out to her regarding her interest.
- Bench Bar
- Conference is June 15-17 in Louisville, KY.
- Next Meeting
- June 9, 2017 at noon.
- Meeting adjourned at 12:32 PM
If you would like to write or submit content for the Real Estate & Land Use Section, please contact Kim Ferguson at email@example.com.