Interest Groups

Real Estate & Land Use Section Executive Committee Meeting Minutes: May - Real Estate and Land Use News

Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.

Real Estate and Land Use News


Posted on: Jun 12, 2017

Real Estate and Land Use Section

Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

May 12, 2017 (Noon)

 

In attendance: Blake Schultz, Jack Donaldson, Russell Brown, Kiamesha Colom, and Courtney Figg; From the IndyBar:  Kim Ferguson

  1. Meeting was called to order at 12:12 p.m. by Blake Schultz.
  2. There were no minutes taken at the April meeting.
  3. Forms Database
    1. Discussion of list of documents provided for the database so far.
    2. Blake will send out an e-mail to confirm what is still needed.
    3. We will add a sales disclosure form as well to provide for those who may not be familiar with it.
  4. CLEs
    1. Examining the Latest Market Trends in Commercial Real Estate Financing was held on April 21, 2017 at noon.
      1. 53 people attended.
    2. Strategies for Deals on Environmentally Impaired Property
      1. This is something Russell is working on with August Mack.
      2. He’s waiting on confirmation of who the speaker will be.
      3. Holding space for September 13, 2017 at noon.
    3. Real Estate Law Update with Brian Crist
      1. Need to determine what time and date work for him.
    4. Forms CLE
      1. Need to get a date for the 3-hour CLE – targeting October on a date that works for the presenters.
      2. Jeff Abrams, James Schwarz, John Hamilton, and Marvin Mitchell are lined up as presenters.
      3. Each presenter needs to be prepared to fill the time.
    5. In-house counsel CLE
      1. Jack will follow up on this to see if we can get counsel to participate.
  5. Holiday Party
    1. Targeting either November 29 or 30 at the Tap.
    2. Will also need to determine submission of nominations for Lifetime Achievement Award – send out information soon.
    3. Russell to prepare e-mail to go out after next meeting and coordinate getting nominees.
  6. Blog Postings
    1. Discussed that information being provided.
  7. Potential New Member
    1. Paralegal Rhonda Graham from Krieg DeVault reached out to participate on the committee.
    2. Kim to reach out to her regarding her interest.
  8. Bench Bar
    1. Conference is June 15-17 in Louisville, KY. 
  9. Next Meeting
    1. June 9, 2017 at noon.
  10. Meeting adjourned at 12:32 PM

If you would like to write or submit content for the Real Estate & Land Use Section, please contact Kim Ferguson at kferguson@indybar.org.

DID YOU KNOW?

Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) est. 1878 | 4,536 Members (as of 2.11.21)