Given the significant rapidly evolving developments in social media technology and the law, the Sedona Conference® recently published its Primer on Social Media, Second Edition, focusing on the discovery of social media in civil litigation. Topics include:
- Social media and emerging technologies
- Relevance and proportionality
- Possession, custody and control
- Preservation, collection and search obligations
- Collection guidance in light of the Stored Communications Act
- Cross-border discovery issues
- Authentication of social media evidence
- Ethical issues related to social media as potential evidence
The Primer on Social Media, Second Edition is available without charge here.
The Primer on Social Media, Second Edition is open for public comment through September 10, 2018; comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A webinar on the Primer on Social Media, Second Edition is scheduled for Wednesday, August 8 at 1 p.m. EDT.
This content was submitted by Patricia Orloff Erdmann, Office of the Indiana Attorney General. If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Litigation Section, please email Kara Sikorski at email@example.com.