The Indiana Supreme Court and Indiana Court of Appeals issued an order on March 25 extending the filing deadlines for filings due between March 23, 2020 and April 6, 2020.
The order states:
With respect to appellate filings in the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, the Courts order as follows:
- Filings currently due on or between March 23, 2020 and April 6, 2020 will be due on April 21, 2020.
- Filings currently due on or between April 7, 2020 and April 21, 2020 will be due fifteen (15) days after their current due date.
- Filings due after April 21, 2020 remain due on their current due date.
- These due dates apply to all filing in the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, including but not limited to the following: (1) Notices of Appeal, Ind. Appellate Rule 9; (2) assembly of the Clerk’s Record, filing of the Notice of Completion of Clerk’s Record, and filing of the Notice of Completion of Transcript, App. R. 10; (3) filing of the Transcript, App. R. 11; (4) interlocutory appeals, App. R. 14; (5) all briefs, appendices, petitions for rehearing and transfer, App. Rs. 45, 49, 54 and 57; and motions to tax costs, App. R. 67; and (6) original actions.
- If additional time is needed, then an extension of time should be sought pursuant to Appellate Rules 10, 11, or 35.
See the full order here.