The fall 2014 nomination period for the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Law Student Division Executive Board has begun. There are a total of nine(9) At-Large positions available. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the planning and implementation of the IndyBar student activities while also enhancing your leadership skills.
WHAT DOES THE EXECUTIVE BOARD DO?
Student Executive Board members seek to encourage student membership and involvement in the IndyBar in order to develop lasting relationships between law students and the association as a whole by:
· Providing educational programming and networking opportunities,
· Preparing bar examination candidates through the IndyBar Review and MPRE Review,
· Supporting philanthropic events and pro bono activities.
WHY DO IT?
While Executive Board members work hard to contribute to the continued development of the IndyBar, there are also countless rewards and benefits! Members are exposed to many fun opportunities to attend IndyBar events such as dinners, social gatherings, and networking events available only to Executive Board members. It is also an invaluable opportunity to network with Indianapolis attorneys who support the IndyBar.
REQUIREMENTS & APPLICATION INFORMATION:
At-Large positions available include:
7 - McKinney School of Law broken down as follows:
Minimum 5 but up to 7 – 1Ls (day or evening)
Up to 2 – 2Ls (day or evening) with at least 2 full semesters remaining as of January 2015
1 – Valparaiso School of Law
1 – Notre Dame Law School
To apply for a position:
1) You must have at least two (2) semesters remaining (Spring and Fall of 2015);
2) You must be able to attend 80 percent of Board meetings, which are held the second Friday of each month (except for April and December when no meeting is held) ;
3) You must submit an IndyBar Nomination Form and a short (no more than one page) statement of interest, telling the Board why you would like to join and what you can bring to the Board.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CURRENT INDYBAR MEMBER TO APPLY
Simply join the IndyBar as a Plus-Bar Review member at the same time you apply for an Executive Board position. Membership applications can be accessed here. Statements of interest may be placed in the mail folder of Secretary Sarah Thurman or email email@example.com. You may also mail statements directly to the IndyBar offices, 135 N. Pennsylvania Street, Suite 1500, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
**Statements are due by 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 14, 2014**
Elections results will be announced on Thursday, November 13. The election schedule can be found here.
Not ready to apply for an Executive Board position, but still want get involved in the IndyBar? Think about becoming an IndyBar Student Representative. Student reps are essential to recruitment and event marketing and still receive great benefits from their service. Please email Sarah Thurman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.