The spring 2019 nomination period for the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Law Student Division Executive Board has begun. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the planning and implementation of the IndyBar student activities while also enhancing your leadership skills.
WHAT DOES THE EXECUTIVE BOARD DO?
Student Executive Board members seek to encourage student membership and involvement in the IndyBar in order to develop lasting relationships between law students and the association as a whole by:
- Providing educational programming and networking opportunities
- Preparing bar examination candidates through the IndyBar Review and MPRE Review
- Supporting philanthropic events and pro bono activities.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
While Executive Board members work hard to contribute to the continued development of the IndyBar, there are also countless rewards and benefits! Members are exposed to many fun opportunities to attend IndyBar events such as dinners, social gatherings, and networking events available first to Executive Board members. It is also an invaluable opportunity to network with Indianapolis attorneys who support the IndyBar.
REQUIREMENTS & APPLICATION INFORMATION:
At-Large positions available include:
- 10 - Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- 1 - Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- 1 - Notre Dame Law School
To apply for a position:
- You must have at least two semesters remaining (Fall 2019 and Spring 2020)
- You must be able to attend 80 percent of Board meetings, which are traditionally held the first Friday of each month
- You must be able to attend 80 percent of Board meetings, which are traditionally held at Noon the first Friday of each month (3) You must submit an IndyBar Law Student Division Executive Board Application, which includes a short statement of interest, telling the Board why you would like to join and what you can bring to the Board.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CURRENT INDYBAR MEMBER TO APPLY!
Simply join the IndyBar as a Plus-Bar Review member at the same time you apply for an Executive Board position. Membership applications can be accessed here.
**Applications are due by 11:59pm on Friday, April 19, 2019**
Questions? Please email:
Eric Trudrung, IndyBar Law Student Division Chair
Kari Hartman, IndyBar Associate Executive Director
Or any Law Student Division Executive Committee member.