The fall 2017 nomination period for the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Law Student Division Executive Committee has begun. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the planning and implementation of the IndyBar student activities while also enhancing your leadership skills.
WHAT DOES THE EXECUTIVE BOARD DO?
Student Executive Board members seek to encourage student membership and involvement in the IndyBar in order to develop lasting relationships between law students and the association as a whole by:
- Providing educational programming and networking opportunities
- Preparing bar examination candidates through the IndyBar Review and MPRE Review
- Supporting philanthropic events and pro bono activities.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
While Executive Board members work hard to contribute to the continued development of the IndyBar, there are also countless rewards and benefits! Members are exposed to many fun opportunities to attend IndyBar events such as dinners, social gatherings, and networking events available first to Executive Board members. It is also an invaluable opportunity to network with Indianapolis attorneys who support the IndyBar.
REQUIREMENTS & APPLICATION INFORMATION:
To apply for a position:
- You must have at least two semesters remaining (Spring 2018 and Fall 2018)
- You must be able to attend 80 percent of Board meetings, which are traditionally held the first Friday of each month (except for July and December when no meeting is scheduled unless warranted)
- You must complete the application and submit a short (no more than one page) statement of interest, explaining why you would like to join and what you can bring to the Board
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CURRENT INDYBAR MEMBER TO APPLY!
Simply join the IndyBar as a Plus-Bar Review member at the same time you apply for an Executive Board position. Membership applications can be accessed here. Statements of interest may be placed in the mail folder of Secretary Kaweme Ng'andwe or email. You may also mail statements directly to the IndyBar offices, 135 N. Pennsylvania Street, Suite 1500, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
**Statements and applications are due by 11:59pm on Wednesday, January 31, 2018**
Questions? Please email:
Kari Hartman, IndyBar Associate Executive Director