The fall 2016 nomination period for the Indianapolis Bar Association’s 2017 Law Student Division Executive Committee has begun. There are a total of five At-Large positions available at four law schools (Maurer, McKinney, Notre Dame and Valparaiso). This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the planning and implementation of the IndyBar student activities while also enhancing your leadership skills.
WHAT DOES THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE DO?
Student Executive Committee members seek to encourage student membership and involvement in the IndyBar in order to develop lasting relationships between law students and the association as a whole by:
- Providing educational programming and networking opportunities
- Preparing bar examination candidates through the IndyBar Review and MPRE Review
- Supporting philanthropic events and pro bono activities.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
While Executive Committee members work hard to contribute to the continued development of the IndyBar, there are also countless rewards and benefits! Members are exposed to many fun opportunities to attend IndyBar events such as dinners, social gatherings, and networking events available first to Executive Board members. It is also an invaluable opportunity to network with Indianapolis attorneys who support the IndyBar.
REQUIREMENTS & APPLICATION INFORMATION:
At-Large positions available include:
- 2 – Indiana University McKinney School of Law
- 1 – Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- 1 – Notre Dame Law School
- 1 – Valparaiso School of Law
To apply for a position:
- You must have at least two semesters remaining (Fall 2016 and Spring 2017)
- You must be able to attend 80 percent of Committee meetings, which are traditionally held the first Friday of each month (except for July and December when no meeting is scheduled unless warranted)
- You must complete the application and submit a short (no more than one page) statement of interest, explaining why you would like to join and what you can bring to the Committee
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CURRENT INDYBAR MEMBER TO APPLY!
Simply join the IndyBar as a Plus-Bar Review member at the same time you apply for an Executive Committee position. Membership applications can be accessed here. Statements of interest may be placed in the mail folder of Secretary Laqwesha (Lana) Lawson or email. You may also mail statements directly to the IndyBar offices, 135 N. Pennsylvania Street, Suite 1500, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
**Statements and applications are due by 11:59pm on Friday, April 21, 2017**
Results will be announced on Monday, May 8.
Questions? Please email:
Kendra Harper, 2016-2017 IndyBar Law Student Division Chair
Kari Hartman, IndyBar Associate Executive Director