Get a sneek peek of Tuesday's program! Magistrate Judge Dinsmore shares his top best practice tip for federal settlement conferences. Register NOW for the program here.
"Prepare the final settlement agreement in advance of the settlement conference and share and negotiate its terms with opposing counsel. That process will:
- highlight any areas of disagreement that will require negotiation at the settlement conference
- streamline the work of the conference by focusing the efforts on the actual areas of disagreement
- lay a foundation for resolution by beginning the process of negotiation and resolution in advance of the conference
- allow the conference to be concluded by the signing of the formal written settlement agreement
- eliminate any expense, lost time, or possible disputes regarding the terms of the settlement after the conference and expedite production of the settlement check(s)."
If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Labor & Employment Law Section page, please email Kara Sikorski at email@example.com.