The IndyBar isn’t just for attorneys. We’re proud to include paralegals in our membership of more than 4,200 legal professionals — with countless benefits and opportunities available to you as a paralegal member and a close-knit network of respected legal professionals, we hope to be your companion throughout your career in Indianapolis. Check out just a few benefits available to you below, and explore more and join the IndyBar at indybar.org/join!
- Network with judges, attorneys and fellow paralegals — meet and network with our membership of over 4,000 professionals who could potentially aid in the advancement of your career.
- Join a section or division — stay in the loop of topics and issues of interest to you by joining a practice area- or demographic-specific interest group. Paralegals are also welcome to serve on committees and speak at section and division programs!
- Get CLE tailored to your needs — in addition to access to ALL CLEs hosted by the IndyBar, the Paralegal Committee hosts programming specifically aimed at topics you care about.
- Download and edit 300+ forms — with more than 300 documents and resources available only to IndyBar members, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel with legal forms.
- Get inside information from judges — prepare for trial with court- and judge-specific tips and procedures by utilizing the Marion County Courts Guide, available only to IndyBar members.
- Find family law info — the Family Law Resource Guide gives you access to helpful resources specific to family law that could be useful to the resolution of your client’s case.
- Take a leadership role — in addition to section and division involvement opportunities, there’s also a chance to be a leader on the Pro Bono Standing Committee, the Diversity Job Fair Committee and the Helping Enrich Attorneys’ Lives (HEAL) Committee, among others.
- Give back — engage in current opportunities like the Teddy Bear Drive for Indianapolis emergency service organizations or the annual IndyBar Day of Service or plan new volunteer events!