Each year, professionals throughout the Indy legal community are honored by the IndyBar at the annual Recognition Breakfast. This year's event will take place on Tuesday, November 15 at Meridian Hills Country Club, where the efforts and dedication of a variety of IndyBar members will be recognized.
The recipient of the President's Award for Service to the Association is the Futures 2020 Work Group, led by chair David Duncan of Scannell Properties. This work group has dedicated significant time and effort to researching the trends and changes in the profession in order to position the IndyBar to better serve its members through 2020 and beyond.
Members of the work group are:
- Chair: David J. Duncan, Scanell Properties
- Joe R. Delamater, Delamater Law Office
- Joseph R. Delehanty, Gutwein Law
- Clifton A. Dennis, The Law Office of Clifton Dennis LLC
- Michael C. Eddy, Raytheon
- Claire Emswiller, Emswiller Williams Noland & Clarke PC
- Christopher C. Engel II, Clark Quinn Moses Scott & Grahn LLP
- Enrique Flores Jr., Wagner Reese LLP
- Whitney B. Fritz, Indiana State Department of Health
- Kyle D. McClammer, Wooden McLaughlin
- Sara R. Phillips, Baldwin & Lyons Inc.
- Mark J. Plantan, Littler Mendleson PC
- Finis Tatum IV, Glaser & Ebbs
- Nabeela Virjee, Attorney at Law
- Jennifer Tudor Wright, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
The IndyBar Labor & Employment Section will be honored with the President's Award for Service to the Profession for its annual Employment Law for Small Businesses program, which provides local small business owners with legal advice and education on commonly encountered labor and employment issues. Accepting the award on behalf of the section will be the Labor & Employment Law Section Executive Committee, led by 2016 Chair Brian Burbrink of Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart PC.
The Indianapolis Medical Legal Dinner made its comeback in 2016, thanks in large part to the efforts of IndyBar Board of Directors member William Winingham of Wilson Kehoe & Winingham and Indianapolis Medical Society representive Dr. Steve Perkins of Meridian Plastic Surgeons. Winingham and Dr. Perkins have been named the recipients of the Board of Directors Award for their success in reviving this tradition.
For her contributions to the Young Lawyer Division, Jennifer Tudor Wright of Barnes & Thornburg LLP has been named the Young Lawyer of the Year.
Efforts to help the community at large through pro bono activities are made possible only through the dedication of both individuals and local law firms. The recipients of the 2016 Pro Bono Awards in recognition of this dedication are:
- Law Student: Jennifer Kim, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Law Firm: Broyles Kight & Ricafort PC
- Attorney Aiding Individuals: Julie Alexander, Indiana Department of Labor
Congratulations to these worthy recipients!