The IndyBar Diversity Job Fair is enjoying the national spotlight as a recipient of the 2014 Partnership Award from the American Bar Association (ABA). The fair was selected for the award in early June; IndyBar representatives will accept the award during the ABA’s Annual Meeting in Boston this August.
The ABA Partnership Awards Program salutes bar association projects directed at increasing the participation and advancement of lawyers of color as well as other underrepresented constituents: attorneys with disabilities, women attorneys and those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. This annual awards program is open to all bar associations that can demonstrate how their efforts nurture diversity in the legal community.
The evaluation criteria cover six areas:
- fulfills Partnership Award Program goal of increasing diversity in the legal profession;
- shows evidence of partnerships formed with other organizations to attain program objective;
- ability of the program to be replicated;
- achievement of goals as measured by successful completion of a program toward original purpose;
- overall quality of program;
- novelty or creativity of program.
Submissions were reviewed by a panel of judges from the sponsoring organizations – ABA Standing Committee on Bar Activities and Services, Hispanic National Bar Association, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, National Native American Bar Association, the National Bar Association, and the National Conference of Bar Presidents. The selection committee noted the IndyBar Diversity Job Fair’s success in building upon an existing model and improving it by involving and showcasing the Indianapolis community.
To learn more about the IndyBar Diversity Job Fair, including details about this year’s fair, visit ibadiversityjobfair.org. The 2014 fair will take place August 21 and August 22 at the Hilton Indianapolis.