Indianapolis area residents in need of legal advice will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face for free assistance from Indianapolis attorneys at the Indianapolis Bar Association’s upcoming Ask a Lawyer event on Tuesday, April 9. Lawyers will on hand in 11 Indianapolis Public Library branches to give free legal guidance to those in need from 2 to 6 p.m.
The Indianapolis Bar Association is partnering with the Indianapolis Public Library to host this biannual event. No matter what the legal issue, lawyers will offer advice and assist in finding solutions. The last Ask a Lawyer event in fall 2012 succeeded in assisting more than 600 Hoosiers.
Qualified, licensed attorneys will be available for free one-on-one consultations at the following Indianapolis Public Library locations:
- Brightwood Library, 2435 N. Sherman Dr.
- Central Library, 40 E. St. Clair St.
- College Library, 4180 N. College Ave.
- Eagle Library, 3325 Lowry Rd.
- East 38th Street Library, 5420 E. 38th St.
- East Washington Library, 2822 E. Washington St.
- Haughville Library, 2121 W. Michigan St.
- Lawrence Library, 7898 Hague Road
- Nora Library, 8625 Guilford Avenue
- Pike Library, 6525 Zionsville Rd.
- Southport Library, 2630 E. Stop 11 Road
Anyone unable to visit a library location is encouraged to call the IndyBar office, also on Tuesday, April 9, at 317-269-2000 from 2 to 8 p.m. to receive a free telephone consultation.
Ask A Lawyer is in its thirteenth year and is made possible by a grant from the Indianapolis Bar Foundation. The Indianapolis Bar Foundation also funds a variety of other legal advice and assistance programs offered throughout the year by the Indianapolis Bar Association. For more information on these programs, visit https://www.indybar.org/community/legal-advice/.