Everybody loves a local bar, so check out what yours is serving up this week with upcoming IndyBar events and happenings below!
On the DocketIRS FATCA Reporting for Non-Financial Institutions and Other International Reporting Obligations
Tuesday, November 10 from noon to 1 p.m.
IndyBar Education Center
Information and registration can be found here
.Judicial Roundtable & Reception
Thursday, November 12 from 4 to 7 p.m.
Hilbert Circle Theater, 45 Monument Circle
Information can be found here
.Check out the full slate of IndyBar events here, and don’t forget to check out the IndyBar on Facebook for the latest event photos.
News You Can Use
- Committee Positions Available for 2016 - Would you like to network with your legal community and have fun through the practice of law? Volunteer to serve on an Indianapolis Bar Association committee. Appointments are now being made to the 2016 committees. Check out the opportunities here.
- IndyBar Recognition Awards Honor Indy’s Leading Legal Professionals - Each year, the IndyBar takes time to honor and celebrate local leaders with innovative ideas through the Recognition Awards. Click here to read about this year’s award recipients, and join your colleagues at Meridian Hills Country Club on Wednesday, November 18, to honor those individuals at the 2015 Recognition Breakfast.
- Section & Division Executive Committee Call Outs: Your Chance to Lead the Legal Community – There are currently openings on three section/division executive committees for 2016. Don’t delay – the deadlines are today and tomorrow! Check out the opportunities here, and apply for your chance to lead the Indianapolis legal community next year.
- IndyBar Government Practice Section Awards Scholarship to IU McKinney Student - The Government Practice Section awarded its fourth annual scholarship to Drew Kirages of IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law. Congratulations, Drew! Read more about the scholarship here.
- Trimble: Have You Hired a Contract Lawyer Lately? - In IndyBar President John C. Trimble's latest article, he talks about why hiring a contract lawyer can make a big difference for the legal community. Check it out here.
- IBF Fellows Give Back at Gleaners - The Indianapolis Bar Foundation Fellows processed 2,580 pounds of merchandise in just 2.5 hours at Gleaners Food Bank. Read about their experience here.
Off the Record
On Tuesday, November 3, Twitter changed the star icon for favorites to a heart and began calling them likes. "We know that at times the star could be confusing, especially to newcomers. You might like a lot of things, but not everything can be your favorite," the company said in their announcement
Get ready for the "... & Tom" radio show: on Thursday, November 5, Bob of "Bob & Tom" announced his retirement