At the 2015 Bench Bar Conference
, there's no such thing as a benchwarmer. If you're attending, there's something for you to get out and do, whether it's an educational or a social opportunity. Check out the highlights for this year's conference below and click here
for the full conference agenda.
For the Social Butterfly:
Each day presents another chance to hang out and connect with fellow legal professionals. Get to know other Bench Bar attendees at some of these social opportunities:
- Thursday, June 18:
- Golf Tournament from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. - Show off your skills when you tee off at Chariot Run Golf Course and enjoy some friendly competition to kick off the conference.
- Cocktail Reception from 5:30 to 7 p.m. - Take a sip and shake some hands as you make your way around the room for the first of the conference's cocktail hours. Meet some new faces who will hopefully become familiar by the time your stay in Louisville comes to an end.
- Dine Around Dinners from 7:30 to 9 p.m. - Time to put Louisville's chefs to the test. Gather around good food with good comrades at a large fully-catered group dinner at the Muhammad Ali Center or at one of Louisville's premiere dining options, including Doc Crow's Smokehouse & Raw Bar, Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse and Saffron's Restaurant.
- Friday, June 19
- Buffet Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. - Take a midday break to mix and mingle at the buffet luncheon. You'll have just heard two thought-provoking plenary sessions, so there will be plenty of conversation to help break the ice with fellow IndyBar members!
- First Time Attendee Reception from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. - This may be your first Bench Bar Conference, but it certainly won't be your last, so be sure to take advantage of the one time you get to attend this exclusive reception! First time attendees will gather for a social hour in the evening to relax and hang out after a full day of sessions.
- Cocktail Reception from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner and Raffle from 7:30 to 9 p.m. - Join everyone on the last night of the conference for dinner and entertainment, including a raffle with a chance to win some prizes.
- Trivia Night to Benefit the Indianapolis Bar Foundation from 9 to 11 p.m. - Trivia Night is one of Bench Bar's newest traditions, and the proceeds benefit the many worthy causes that the IBF supports. Brush up on some fun facts and get ready to team up with fellow attendees for this event!
For the Legal Learner:
See something that sparks your interest? Spread your social butterfly wings AND learn something new when you come to the 2015 Bench Bar Conference. Register today! #WillYouBeThere?
- Friday, June 19
- Plenary Sessions from 9 to 11:15 a.m. - The day begins with two plenary sessions led by legal experts from around the country. First, you'll hear from James "Jim" P. Cooney III of Charlotte, NC, about the Duke lacrosse defense. Then, IndyBar President John C. Trimble is joined by Professor William D. Henderson, IU Maurer School of Law, and Christine H. Hickey, Rubin & Levin PC, to discuss the future of the profession.
- IndyBar Talks: Civil Litigation, Family Law and Criminal Law Tracks - Each track features three sessions in the afternoon. These sessions are all TEDTalk-style, which means they will be quick-hitting and high-energy. The individual sessions are broken down into smaller segments that are sure to keep your attention and make things fresh. Whether you practice civil litigation, family law or criminal law, you'll be on the fast track to professional success after you spend an afternoon at IndyBar Talks!
- Saturday, June 20
- Plenary Session: Ethics from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. - The conference concludes with a great opportunity to earn some ethics credit. Mark Olson of Oppenheimer Wolff Donnelly LLP in Minneapolis will challenge your thoughts on ethical behavior while engaging you "just enough" in the program. Close out the conference strong with this session!