The IndyBar is known for hosting more than 100 CLE programs each year, but did you know that some of those programs also qualify for Certified Financial Planning (CFP) credit? The IndyBar is now offering CFP credit in addition to CLE credit at select upcoming programs.
To maintain CFP credentials, certified financial planners must complete 30 hours of continuing education and two hours of approved ethics credits during a two-year period.Upcoming CFP credit programs:A Discussion of Pooled Trusts for Individuals with Special Needs
Wednesday, August 27, 4 to 5 p.m.Register here.Net Investment Tax
Wednesday, September 24, 4 to 5 p.m.Registration will be available soon here.Decanting
Wednesday, October 22, 4 to 5 p.m.Registration will be available soon here.Business Succession
Tuesday, November 18, 4 to 5 p.m.Registration will be available soon here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Your Credit RefresherIndyBar educational programs offer an array of credit types:
- General Credits: Attorneys are required to attend at least six (6) hours of approved CLE per year and at least 36 hours of approved CLE per three-year cycle. Find programs open for registration here.
- Ethics Credits: Attorneys are required to complete at least three (3) hours of approved ethics CLE at any point during each three-year compliance period. Search the IndyBar events calendar for Ethics credits here.
- Non-Legal Subject Matter (NLS) Credits: The Commission approves courses for Non-Legal Subject Matter credit because, while they lack substantive legal content, they enhance an attendee’s proficiency in the attorney’s practice of law. Attorneys can report a maximum of 12 hours toward the three-year, 36-hour requirement using NLS courses.
- Distance Education: Distance Education is also known as online education. Attorneys can get six (6) hours per three-year period. Check out more than 100 programs in the IndyBar online CLE catalog here.
- Continuing Mediation Education (CME) Credits: A registered mediator must complete a minimum of six (6) hours of Commission-approved continuing mediation education anytime during a three-year educational period. Looking for CME credits? Search the IndyBar events calendar for courses offering CME credit here.
- Applied Professionalism Credit: The Commission has determined that all newly admitted lawyers must take a Commission- accredited six-hour applied professionalism course in their first three-year educational period. Mark your calendars for IndyBar’s next Applied Professionalism Course on Oct. 30 and register online here.