See below for information from the Indiana Bar Foundation on a scholarship opportunity for the Indiana State Bar Association's Annual Meeting.Helling Scholarship Helps Young Attorneys Attend Annual Meeting
The Joseph T. Helling Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by Nancy J. Gargula, Cynthia L. Chandler, and Douglas J. Helling in honor of their father, Joseph T. Helling, who practiced law in South Bend, Indiana for more than 40 years. This award was created to provide scholarships to young attorneys in Indiana in order to give them the opportunity to participate in the Indiana State Bar Association’s annual meeting each year. As part of the award, and depending on the particular winner, the scholarship award is designed to cover the expenses of sending a lawyer and his or her family to the ISBA Annual Meeting, including such expenses as registration fees, lodging, meals and travel expenses.Eligibility:
In order to be eligible for this award, the applicant/nominee must be actively practicing law in Indiana, admitted to the practice of law less than five years and must also be a member of the Indiana State Bar Association.Criteria for Evaluation:
The award will be given to those applicants who best exemplify the following traits and principles which embodied Joseph T. Helling: (a) community involvement; (b) public service, including a demonstrated dedication to work related endeavors that benefit the less fortunate in society; (c) a demonstrated commitment to professionalism and civility in the legal profession and an interest in promoting the profession through local and state bar associations and bar foundations; and (d) a dedication to the legal profession equaled to his/her dedication to family.Application Procedures:
1. All entrants must submit a completed Nomination/Application Form
, including attachments.
2. Applications must be typewritten.
3. All award entries must be received on or before August 30, 2012.
4. All nominations and applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and the recipient(s) will be informed of his/her selection immediately after the selection is made.
5. Any questions about this award should be directed to the Executive Director of the Indiana Bar Foundation at the address below or at (317) 269-2415.
6. Submit applications no later than August 30, 2012 to:
Indiana Bar Foundation
Attn: Joseph T. Helling Memorial Scholarship Fund
230 East Ohio Street, Suite 400
Indianapolis, IN 46204