As of May 31, Indiana Protection and Advocacy Services (IPAS) has changed its name to Indiana Disability Rights. The name may be different, but the mission is the same: to protect and advocate the rights of people with disabilities.
Indiana Disability Rights exists to:
- Provide Information and Resources – Advocates at Indiana Disability Rights are prepared to listen to individuals with questions and help to guide them to the best resources and organizations in Indiana
- Advocate – Advocacy is central to the mission of Indiana Disability Rights. Indiana Disability Rights provides information on self-advocacy and will, when appropriate, provide advocacy specialists and legal representation.
- Investigate Abuse and Neglect – Indiana Disability Rights conducts investigations into allegations of abuse, neglect and exploitation as well as providing information and training on abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Protect the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Monitor Facilities and Services Provided to Individuals with Disabilities.
Learn more at http://www.indianadisabilityrights.org/. For questions, contact Indiana Disability Rights at 800-622-4845 (voice), 800-838-1131 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.