Welcome to Tip of the Week! Judicial officers will offer a tip each week for members of the Family Law Section. Feel free to send suggestions to Mag. Kim Mattingly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Mag. Kimberly Dean Mattingly, Marion Superior Court
- Please have your client sign your child support worksheet before you submit it. And remember that activity expenses (like health insurance, child care and uninsured meds) are shared pro rata and not 50/50.
- As a follow-up to last week’s CLE about new DRCB procedures, attached is the new menu of services and their prices. Remember that a grant will cover site visits until May 10, 2018.
- Put these exciting trainings on your calendar:
- Free GAL training offered by the State of Indiana on May 22. Register here.
- PC training offered jointly by Family Law and ADR sections of IndyBar on October 17 and 18. Go here to register. IndyBar members receive discounted registration.
- Applications for Bench/Bar Scholarships are out! The deadline to apply is May 7. Go here to apply.
- Be thinking about a nominee for the Family Law Section Award. We solicit applications in November, but make a note of a deserving colleague anytime!
- Social opportunities to calendar: Family Law Section Indians Game is Wednesday, July 25 and our Holiday Party will be December 12. Kepe an eye out for registration information!
- The Candid Counsel program already has over 50 members! It is not too late to join; groups will be formed soon.
- Finally, we’ll have a section Open Meeting on July 19 at noon at the IndyBar offices. We have a working agenda, but would like to add a question/answer session as well. Please submit your questions about Marion County policies, procedures, DRCB, etc. to any Executive Committee member so we can answer them on that date. Details will be available soon.
Stay tuned for a new tip next week!
If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Family Law Section page, please email Kara Sikorski at email@example.com.