Marion Superior Court, Probate Division, is accepting resumes for a full-time Magistrate. This position will be assigned to the Probate Court for five (5) days per week.
When assigned to the Marion Superior Court Probate Division, the job duties will include:
(1) Fixing of all bonds.
(2) Auditing accounts of estates, guardianships, and trusts.
(3) Accepting reports, accounts, and settlements filed in the court.
(4) Appointing personal representatives, guardians, and trustees.
(5) Probating wills.
(6) Taking or hearing evidence on or concerning matters described in this subsection or any other probate, guardianship, adoption mental health or trust matters in litigation before the court.
(7) Enforcing court rules.
(8) Making reports to the court concerning the judge's or commissioner's doings in the proceedings described in this subsection, including reports concerning the commissioner's findings and conclusions regarding the proceedings.
All matters handled by a Magistrate are under the final jurisdiction and decision of the judge of the probate division.
The Court uses the Odyssey case management system and participates in electronic filing of cases.
Applicants must be admitted to practice law in the State of Indiana with five years of practice and be in good standing with the Indiana Supreme Court. Marion County residency is required. Experience in probate administration, guardianships and trusts is preferred. Excellent computer and organizational skills are required.
Salary: $115,310.00 annually. This salary is non-negotiable. Full State benefits are available for this position.
All applicants must submit a resume via email to Judge Steven Eichholtz at email@example.com by Friday, December 8, 2017 at 4 p.m.
If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Family Law Section, please email Kara Sikorski at firstname.lastname@example.org.