As the pandemic rages on, we face the harsh reality of winter. Instead of hot cocoa and eggnog with our pals at the ski lodge, we are forced back into our homes with our families/cats. How to cope? How to avoid the frozen fate of Jack Torrance in The Shining? The Criminal Justice Section is here for you with recommendations to get you through the punishing winter.
Top Five Criminal Podcasts
Some people are sick of their jobs when they get home; not the criminal justice practitioner! In fact, you may wonder how get more Crim Just action into your runs, dog walks, dishes doing, etc. That’s what podcasts are for! Selected by true crime podcast expert Kendra Curless, check out the following:
- Casefile: Hosted by an anonymous Australian, this award-winning podcast aims to show that “fact is scarier than fiction.”
- Criminal: Produced by Radiotopia, this show tells "stories of people who've done wrong, been wronged, or gotten caught somewhere in the middle."
- Swindled: Maybe you’re sick of violent crime and want to check in on the real crooks—capitalists! Also featuring an anonymous host, this pod focuses on white collar crime. Less screams and more schemes!
- Cold: Focusing on one cold case, Cold tells the story of the missing and presumed dead Susan Powell. While the podcast is called Cold, the investigation really heats up!
- RedHanded: Definitely for more a “hardcore” listener, RedHanded is about murder, mayhem, hauntings, possessions, and any other weird stuff the hosts are into that week.
If you would like to submit content or write an article for the Criminal Justice Section, please email Kara Sikorski at email@example.com.