MINUTES OF THE
MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
BUSINESS LAW SECTION
INDIANAPOLIS BAR ASSOCIATION
A regular meeting of the Executive Committee of the Business Law Section of the Indianapolis
Bar Association was held on March 21, 2017 at the offices of the Indianapolis Bar Association, located at
135 N. Pennsylvania Street, Suite 1500, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204. The meeting was called to order at
approximately 12:00 p.m. and adjourned at approximately 1:00 p.m.
- Members of the Executive Committee
- Larry Tomlin- Present; L. Jarod Brown- Absent; C. Chris Engel- Present; Andrew Podgorny-Present; Eli Isaacs- Absent; B. Ronan Johnson-Present; Andrew Thompson-Absent; Michael "Mac" McDaniel- Present; Paul Obszanski-Present; Cathleen Wyatt-Present; Brian Heaton-Absent;
- Deneen Fitzgerald & Kim Ferguson (Indianapolis Bar Association)
- Meeting and Agenda
- 2017 CLE Calendar
- Mr. Tomlin briefly informed the Executive Committee that each month for the 2017 CLE. Calendar has been accounted for by a member of the Executive Committee. Ms. Fitzgerald to follow up with members of the Executive Committee to pick specific dates for their CLEs.
- Scholarship Update
- Mr. Engel provided an update on the Business Law Section’s scholarship to an Indiana University Robert H. McKinney student. Mr. Engel proposed pushing the initial scholarship back until 2018. Following a brief discussion, a motion was made, seconded, and unanimously approved. Ms. Fitzgerald agreed to get any necessary approvals from the Indianapolis Bar Association on behalf of the Executive Committee.
- Forms Library
- Mr. Podgorny provided an update on the Indianapolis Bar Association’s project to update its forms library provided to members. Mr. Podgorny further noted that forms should be sent to Mr. Tomlin.
- Past Chairs’ Dinner
- A discussion was had regarding continuing the Executive Committee’s tradition of hosting a dinner to honor the past chairs of the Business Law Section. Following the discussion, a motion was made, seconded, and unanimously approved, to have the Past Chairs’ Dinner on May 2, 2017 at Nada in downtown Indianapolis. Ms. Fitzgerald to follow up with Nada regarding reservations.
- Ms. Ferguson presented an update on membership stats and the Section’s website to the Executive Committee. Ms. Ferguson further requested that the Executive Committee forward links to interesting business law articles to her.
- Mr. Tomlin renewed a discussion from February regarding the Business Law Section’s website and posting content thereto. It was proposed that members of the Executive Committee with be in charge of posting materials to the Business Law Section’s website during the month following the month in which the member presents their CLE. Following a brief discussion, a motion was made, seconded, and unanimously approved.
- A motion to adjourn was made, seconded, and unanimously approved.