COVID-19 Safety Plan for the 2021 Bench Bar Conference
The safety and comfort of our conference guests is our number one priority. Please see below for our current safety plan for the 2021 Indianapolis Bench Bar Conference. We will be monitoring recommendations and best practices with regard to COVID-19 throughout the months prior to the conference and will continue to update this plan as needed.
Conference registrants are encouraged to take advantage of the COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available to them. To view current eligibility requirements and to make a vaccine appointment, visit www.coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine/.
Here’s what we are doing:
- Providing contactless check-in on-site at the conference that includes a health screening form and badge printing. This will allow staff to be on hand to greet guests while maintaining six-foot distancing guidelines.
- Providing contactless ticketing by QR code for each hosted event at the conference (including educational sessions, meals and social events) that will assist with contact tracing, if necessary.
- Providing and requiring facial masks for all participating in the conference activities.
- Limiting meeting room occupancy and distancing seating. No standing will be allowed in meeting rooms.
- Ensuring proper cleaning procedures are followed by the hotel during the conference, including tables being wiped down between CLE programs.
- Instructing our vendors/exhibitors to provide individual grab-bags should they choose to supply promotional items.
Here’s what our guests will do:
- Guests will be asked to complete the health assessment form at registration. Should their status change, they are asked to quarantine immediately and notify IndyBar staff.
- Guests will be required to wear facial coverings at all IndyBar events, unless they are seated to eat a meal.
- Guests will be encouraged to take advantage of vaccination opportunities leading up to the conference – call 211 or visit coronavirus.in.gov/vaccine for the best access.
- Meals will be hosted in indoor/outdoor spaces.
- Guests must be seated to eat/drink. No one may be mobile without a mask.
- Depending on the number of registrants, we are prepared to offer two different times for dinner (an early seating and a late seating) to limit crowd size to no more than 50 for an indoor meal.
- Meals will be served either individually boxed or plated, or via hotel staffed buffet lines with food shields. There will be no self-service buffets.
- There will be no food/drink served during transfer breaks during the education sessions.
If we must cancel the live conference:
- Should cancellation be necessary, at least 30 days’ notice will be given with full refunds.
- Some selected CLE seminars will be offered as a series in the fall to take place in a hybrid fashion at IndyBar HQ.