« Back to Albums
2014 IndyBar Diversity Job Fair
- Why Is Diversity Important To Firms.m4vJohn Trimble of Lewis Wagner LLP talks about why diversity is a strength for law firms. He says it helps them more fully understand clients’ needs and that it is important to law firms to have diverse staff in order to better serve their clients.
- We Do Bar Review, tooAfter landing a job at the Diversity Job Fair, students will need to take the Indiana bar exam. Nabeela Virjee says signing up for the IndyBar Review allowed her to interact with Indiana attorneys whom she later ran into in the workforce. They also gave her firsthand insight into Indiana law and helped her prepare to succeed on the bar exam. Learn more and register for the 2014 IndyBar Diversity Job Fair at www.ibadiversityjobfair.org.
- Metro Meets MidwestJohn Trimble of Lewis Wagner LLP talks about what it feels like to move to Indy from a small town. He says that Indy has big city offers –arts, restaurants, sports and nightlife – but also says he runs into friends wherever he goes, making it feel like home. Learn more about the 2014 IndyBar Diversity Job Fair at www.ibadiversityjobfair.org.
- Indy RestaurantsNabeela Virjee of Lewis Wagner LLP talks about the lively restaurant scene in downtown Indianapolis. She says you can find diverse cultural cuisine as long as you look for it – and you may find her out dining during your search.
- Different VibeWhen coming from out-of-state to interview, some employers will shut you down – but not at the Diversity Job Fair. Emory Moore, a 2012 Diversity Job Fair participant, talks about the different atmosphere at the event. He says the employers were open to him from the beginning, which allowed him to get more out of each interview – and land an offer.
- Attorneys on Out of State StudentsAttorneys from prominent Indianapolis law firms address their desire to hire students regardless of which state they call home. At Lewis Wagner LLP, John Trimble says that where a student comes from is less important than what kind of fit they’ll be at the firm. Brita Horvath of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP says professionalism, interest in the clients and shared values are all traits they look for when hiring. Learn more about the IndyBar Diversity Job Fair at www.ibadiversityjobfair.org.
- The IndyBar Diversity Job Fair: Making the Transition to Indy2012 IndyBar Diversity Job Fair Participant Emory Moore shares his story of moving to Indy from Detroit. Learn more about the IndyBar Diversity Job Fair at www.ibadiversityjobfair.org!
- Why the IndyBar Diversity Job Fair is DifferentUnlike other job fairs, the Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair offers students an outstanding experience that puts them face to face with potential employers. We are more intimate and offer more opportunities to network with firms and organizations.
For additional information on the 2014 Diversity Job Fair, go here: ibadiversityjobfair.org.