IndyBar Job Bank Job Postings
See below for current job postings in the IndyBar Job Bank. Please contact the employer directly to apply for a position or for more information. Each listing costs $99.95 for 3 months and is billed once the listing is approved.
Members have 7-day advance access to job postings. Join now to view the most current job postings.
March 18, 2013
The Maine State Bar Association announces a national search for a visionary, collaborative leader to serve as its next executive director.
The anticipated start date is July 1, 2013. Founded in 1891, the 3,100 member MSBA is the state's largest professional association of lawyers. Its mission is to promote the honor, dignity and professionalism of lawyers, advance the knowledge, skills and interests of its members and support the public interest in a fair and effective system of justice.
Key responsibilities include:
• Creating and implementing an organizational staffing structure that supports the bar's strategic direction;
• Administering projects to cultivate membership and strategic opportunities for the bar;
• Managing the bar's facilities;
• Assuring the fiscal integrity and sound financial management of all entities; and
• Implementing strategies to grow bar membership.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience with bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree (e.g., administration, business, law) a plus;
• Experience as an executive director or in a related position, or a law degree with three years' progressive management experience in a legal field;
• Experience promoting teamwork;
• Experience working in or with the legal profession (or comparable professional environment); and
• Successful experience in key executive areas such as financial management, program administration and implementation, administration and human resources management.
Skills & Abilities
• Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills;
• Demonstrated familiarity with new technologies and social networking;
• Knowledge of non-profit/membership organization management (including long-range planning, budgeting/finance, human resources, and public relations); and
• Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate - in person and on paper.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Diane Dusini, Esq.
85 Exchange Street, 4th floor
Portland, ME 04101
The application deadline is April 5, 2013.