March 22, 2013
Indianapolis Lawyers Raise More Than $230,000; Best of the Best Honored
Members of the Indianapolis legal community, along with their friends and family, raised more than $230,000 in 2012 to provide support for those needing assistance in our community. In recognition of the extraordinary effort, law firms and organizations with 100 percent participation in reaching the campaign goal were recognized during the bar's Take a Law Student to Lunch event this week. More than 80 groups were honored.
The following donors receiving special acknowledgement for their exceptional support:
- Highest Average Gift per Attorney – Wilson Kehoe & Winingham
- Highest Total Giving for an Organization – Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Greatest Total Giving from a Solo Practitioner – Claire E. Lewis
- Highest Average Gift per Judicial Officer – U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Highest Average Gift for a Government Agency – Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Through grants totaling more than $140,000 each year, the Indianapolis Bar Foundation and its supporters directly benefit an array of free community service-related initiatives. The focus of these programs range from the serving the homeless, to addressing the final needs of the terminally ill and assisting families and small, local businesses in crisis.
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of the Indianapolis Bar Association, has served the community since 1968. Learn more here.