Current Press Releases
Click the links below to view recent press releases from the Indianapolis Bar Association. For information on media inquiries, please click here.
- 03.07.2014Get a Fresh Start for Spring with Free Legal Advice
It's time for spring cleaning, and clearing up a nagging legal problem is easier than ever with free advice from the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 01.27.2014Indianapolis Bar Association Announces Opposition to HJR-3 and HB1153
The Indianapolis Bar Association today announced its opposition to HJR-3, the constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage and civil unions, and HB1153, its companion legislation.
- 01.21.2014IndyBar Releases Results of Judicial Candidate Survey
Today the Indianapolis Bar Association (“IndyBar”) released the results of its evaluation of candidates for Marion County judge. Twenty-four candidates are seeking support from their parties next month in pursuit of election in the May 6, 2014 primary.
- 01.10.2014Starting the New Year with Legal Questions? The IndyBar Has Answers. Free Legal Advice January 14, 2
Determined to solve a nagging problem in the New Year? Free legal advice from local lawyers is only a phone call away. On Tuesday, January 14, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free legal advice call-in service from 6 to 8 p.m. at
- 09.05.2013Legal Question? Free Advice Available September 1
An answer to a nagging legal question has never been easier to find, and it’s free too! On Tuesday, September 10, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free call-in legal advice service, from 6 to 8 p.m. at 317-269-2000.
- 06.06.2013Fast, Free Legal Advice Available Tuesday, June 11
An answer to a nagging legal question has never been easier to find, and it’s free too! On Tuesday, June 11, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free call-in legal advice service, from 6 to 8 p.m. at 317-269-2000.
- 05.30.2013Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards $35,000 Impact Fund Grant to Indiana Legal Services, Inc.
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation announced Wednesday that Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) has been awarded the organization’s 2013 Impact Fund Grant of $35,000.
- 04.03.2013Free Face-to-Face Legal Advice Available in Indy April 9
Indianapolis area residents in need of legal advice will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face for free assistance from Indianapolis attorneys at the Indianapolis Bar Association’s upcoming Ask a Lawyer event on Tuesday, April 9.
- 03.22.2013Indianapolis Lawyers Raise More Than $230,000; Best of the Best Honored
Members of the Indianapolis legal community, along with their friends and family, raised more than $230,000 in 2012 to provide support for those needing assistance in our community.
- 04.20.2012Indianapolis Lawyers Release Results of Judicial Candidate Peer Evaluation
In order to assist voters in electing qualified and effective judges in the November 8 election, the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Judicial Excellence Political Action Committee has released the results of its 2012 judicial candidate peer evaluation. Th