Current Press Releases
Click the links below to view recent press releases from the Indianapolis Bar Association. For information on media inquiries, please click here.
- 04.11.2014Indianapolis Bar Association Issues Statement Regarding Proposed Criminal Justice Center
The Indianapolis Bar Association voted April 9 to give encouraging yet conditional support to the Mayor’s recent proposal to construct a new criminal justice center complex.
- 03.07.2014Get a Fresh Start for Spring with Free Legal Advice
It's time for spring cleaning, and clearing up a nagging legal problem is easier than ever with free advice from the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 01.27.2014Indianapolis Bar Association Announces Opposition to HJR-3 and HB1153
The Indianapolis Bar Association today announced its opposition to HJR-3, the constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage and civil unions, and HB1153, its companion legislation.
- 01.21.2014IndyBar Releases Results of Judicial Candidate Survey
Today the Indianapolis Bar Association (“IndyBar”) released the results of its evaluation of candidates for Marion County judge. Twenty-four candidates are seeking support from their parties next month in pursuit of election in the May 6, 2014 primary.
- 01.10.2014Starting the New Year with Legal Questions? The IndyBar Has Answers. Free Legal Advice January 14, 2
Determined to solve a nagging problem in the New Year? Free legal advice from local lawyers is only a phone call away. On Tuesday, January 14, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free legal advice call-in service from 6 to 8 p.m. at
- 09.05.2013Legal Question? Free Advice Available September 1
An answer to a nagging legal question has never been easier to find, and it’s free too! On Tuesday, September 10, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free call-in legal advice service, from 6 to 8 p.m. at 317-269-2000.
- 06.06.2013Fast, Free Legal Advice Available Tuesday, June 11
An answer to a nagging legal question has never been easier to find, and it’s free too! On Tuesday, June 11, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free call-in legal advice service, from 6 to 8 p.m. at 317-269-2000.
- 05.30.2013Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards $35,000 Impact Fund Grant to Indiana Legal Services, Inc.
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation announced Wednesday that Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) has been awarded the organization’s 2013 Impact Fund Grant of $35,000.