Current Press Releases
Click the links below to view recent press releases from the Indianapolis Bar Association. For information on media inquiries, please click here.
- 10.30.2014Small Business Employment Law Seminar on Thursday, November 13
Small business owners and employees will benefit from the Small Business Employment Law Seminar on Thursday, November 13.
- 10.10.2014Free Face-to-Face Legal Advice Available in Indy on Tuesday, October 14
Getting answers to legal questions from licensed attorneys will be easy AND free at Ask a Lawyer on Tuesday, October 14.
- 10.09.2014Statement of Indianapolis Bar Association Regarding Marion County Judicial System Decision
The Indianapolis Bar Association is reviewing Judge Young's decision holding unconstitutional Marion County's current system for selecting judges.
- 07.07.2014Beat the Heat: Resolve Legal Issues with Advice at a Cool Cost - FREE!
There's enough heat in July without adding the stress and cost of a legal issue. To keep your cool under the pressure of legal woes, check out Legal Line, a free call-in legal advice service.
- 04.28.2014Shortridge High School to Host Naturalization Ceremony May 1
Students at Shortridge Magnet High School for Law & Public Policy will experience the final step to becoming an American citizen first-hand as the school hosts a naturalization ceremony for individuals seeking citizenship on Thursday, May 1 at 10 a.m.
- 04.11.2014Indianapolis Bar Association Issues Statement Regarding Proposed Criminal Justice Center
The Indianapolis Bar Association voted April 9 to give encouraging yet conditional support to the Mayor’s recent proposal to construct a new criminal justice center complex.
- 03.07.2014Get a Fresh Start for Spring with Free Legal Advice
It's time for spring cleaning, and clearing up a nagging legal problem is easier than ever with free advice from the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 01.27.2014Indianapolis Bar Association Announces Opposition to HJR-3 and HB1153
The Indianapolis Bar Association today announced its opposition to HJR-3, the constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage and civil unions, and HB1153, its companion legislation.
- 01.21.2014IndyBar Releases Results of Judicial Candidate Survey
Today the Indianapolis Bar Association (“IndyBar”) released the results of its evaluation of candidates for Marion County judge. Twenty-four candidates are seeking support from their parties next month in pursuit of election in the May 6, 2014 primary.
- 01.10.2014Starting the New Year with Legal Questions? The IndyBar Has Answers. Free Legal Advice January 14, 2
Determined to solve a nagging problem in the New Year? Free legal advice from local lawyers is only a phone call away. On Tuesday, January 14, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free legal advice call-in service from 6 to 8 p.m. at