August 26, 2011
Join the IndyBar Law Student Division Executive Board
The Indianapolis Bar Association is seeking three (3) first year students and one (1) second or third year student from Indiana University School of Law- Indianapolis as well as one (1) student from either Maurer School of Law-Indiana University, Valparaiso School of Law, or Notre Dame School of Law to sit on the 2011-2012 Executive Board.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the planning and implementation of many IndyBar student educational and networking functions as well as enhance your leadership skills.
WHAT DOES THE EXECUTIVE BOARD DO?
Student Executive Board members seek to encourage student membership and involvement in the IndyBar in order to develop lasting relationships between law students and the association as a whole by:
• Providing educational programming and networking opportunities,
• Preparing bar examination candidates through the IndyBar Review and MPRE Review,
• Supporting philanthropic events and pro bono activities.
WHY DO IT?
While Executive Board members work hard to contribute to the continued development of the IndyBar, there are also countless rewards and benefits! Members get many fun opportunities to attend IndyBar events such as dinners, social gatherings, and networking events available only to Executive Board members. It is also an invaluable opportunity to network with Indianapolis attorneys who serve on the IndyBar Board of Directors.
REQUIREMENTS & APPLICATION INFORMATION:
To apply for this position:
1) You must have at least two (2) semesters remaining (Fall and Spring of 2011-2012),
2) You must be willing to attend 80% of Board meetings, which are held once per month,
3) You must submit a short (no more than one page) statement of interest, telling the Board why you would like to join.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CURRENT INDYBAR MEMBER TO APPLY
You may simply join the IndyBar as a Plus-Bar Review member at the same time you apply for an Executive Board position. Membership applications can be accessed here). Statements of interest may be placed in the mail folder of Andrea Kochert, or you may email them to email@example.com. You may also email statements of interest to Sarah Garrison at SGarrison@indybar.org.
**Statements are due Thursday, October 6, 2011 by 5:30 p.m**