- 12.21.20112012 Judicial Candidate Survey to Begin January 9
The Judicial Excellence Political Action Committee (“JEPAC") of the Indianapolis Bar Association has announced that its online survey to evaluate 2012 candidates for Marion Superior Court will become available at midnight Monday, January 9.
- 12.21.2011Volunteers Needed for IndyBar Hospice Program
Looking for a meaningful opportunity for pro bono service? Volunteer for the IndyBar Hospice Program.
- 12.07.2011Jeffrey S. Dible Receives 2011 Patricia Paxton Wagner Award
Local practitioner honored by IndyBar Estate Planning & Administration Section with award for extraordinary efforts and positive achievements in estate planning & administration law.
- 12.07.2011Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice to Retire from Court
Indiana Chief Justice Randall T. Shepard will leave after a quarter century career as the leader of Indiana’s judiciary.
- 12.02.2011IndyBar Holiday Party - Dec. 13
A long-standing tradition of the Indianapolis Bar, the holiday gathering for all members is just around the corner.
- 12.02.2011Awards Presented to IndyBar's Finest
The legal community gathered on November 29 to honor many outstanding individuals for their leadership in 2011. Several Indianapolis Bar Association awards were presented.
- 11.10.2011Materials for Surviving & Thriving
Please see below for course materials for the IndyBar's Surviving & Thriving program.
- 10.21.2011Bankruptcy Court Fees Increase Nov. 1
The Judicial Conference adopted changes to the Miscellaneous Fee Schedule which will take effect on November 1st, 2011. A $7 increase in the “Title 11 Administrative Fee” results in an additional $7 in the amounts due at filing.
- 10.13.2011It's Dues Renewal Time!
Renew your IndyBar membership for 2012 today--online renewals are now available!
- 09.15.2011Abrams Named 2014 President of IndyBar
Full slate of new officers and directors released by IndyBar Nominating Committee.
- 09.13.2011Legal Questions? The IndyBar has answers.
Talk to an attorney for free legal advice on September 13 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- 08.26.2011IndyBar Committee Positions Available for 2012
Would you like to network with your legal community and have fun through the practice of law? Volunteer to serve on an Indianapolis Bar Association committee.
- 08.26.2011Join the IndyBar Law Student Division Executive Board
The Indianapolis Bar Association is seeking new members for its Law Student Division Executive Board.
- 08.10.2011Revised Income Withholding Order Form Now Available
The federally required Income Withholding Order (IWO) form was recently revised. Private firms, attorneys, and courts authorized under state law to issue IWOs must use the new OMB-approved IWO form for all child support income withholding by employers.
- 07.27.2011Deadline Extended for IBF Shook Scholarship
Applications are also being accepted for the Winter 2012 IndyBar Review course.
- 06.24.2011Help the IndyBar Recognize the Best of the Best
Nominations for the 2011 Professionalism Awards are now being accepted.
- 06.22.2011Nominations Now Being Accepted for 2011 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to nominate an outstanding female attorney for the 2011 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award.
- 06.22.2011McGoff Named Chair of Nominating Committee
The nomination period has begun for the 2012 Board of Directors of the Indianapolis Bar Association, and Kevin McGoff of Bingham McHale has been appointed to chair the effort.
- 06.14.2011Free Legal Advice Tonight from 6-8 p.m.
Call the IndyBar for help from licensed IndyBar attorneys.
- 06.09.2011Celebrate Summer with the IndyBar!
From cocktail parties to baseball games, the IndyBar has a summer event for you!
- 06.04.2011Funeral Arrangements Announced for IndyBar Member and IBF Director Stephenie Jocham
It is with sadness that we note the passing of IBF Director and IndyBar member Stephenie Jocham.
- 05.25.2011IndyBar Offers Insight/Analysis on Indiana Supreme Court Decision
To shed light, rather than just heat, on the recent Barnes v. State decision, the Indianapolis Bar Association provides some background and analysis.
- 05.10.2011Legal Questions? IndyBar Has Answers
Free Legal Advice Offered May 10, 2011.
- 05.09.2011Applications for 2011-2012 Bar Leader Series Now Being Accepted
The application period for Class IX of this intensive leadership development program will end on June 20, 2011.
- 05.05.2011IBF Lawyers Link Classic Registration Now Open
Tee up with the Indianapolis Bar Foundation for the 2011 Lawyer Links Classic.
- 05.04.2011Comment Period Open for Proposed Probate Rules
Comments will be accepted on proposed Marion County probate rules until June 1, 2011.
- 04.29.2011Indianapolis Bar Association Responds to Criticism of Marion County Circuit Court Judge
The April 27, 2011 blog post by Abdul Hakim-Shabazz titled “Treacy v. Parker?”, has made unsubstantiated allegations that call into question the actions of a sitting judge and the integrity of the legal system as a whole.
- 04.27.20112011-2012 Bar Leader Series: A "Must Have"
Applications for this highly-regarded leadership development program can now be requested.
- 04.26.2011Indianapolis Bar Foundation Creates Impact Fund
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation has reorganized its grant making activity with the intent to provide greater impact with its dollars.
- 04.11.2011IndyBar Providing Free In-Person Legal Advice at "Ask a Lawyer"
It is not uncommon to have legal questions, and finding answers for many is not easy. The members of the Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) want to help.
- 04.06.2011Join the IndyBar at Komen Race for the Cure
The Indianapolis Bar Association has created a team for the upcoming Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday, April 16, and IndyBar members, families and friends are invited to participate and support the cause!
- 03.08.2011IBF Scholarship Applications Now Being Accepted
Apply today for educational or academic scholarships from the Indianapolis Bar Foundation.
- 03.04.2011Bench Bar Scholarship Applications Available
The Indianapolis Bar Association, in conjunction with the Indianapolis Bar Foundation, is now accepting scholarship applications for the 2011 Bench Bar Conference to be held June 16-18 at the French Lick Springs Resort & Casino.
- 03.04.2011Nominate a Paralegal Today!
Nominations are currently being accepted for the IndyBar's 2011 Paralegal of the Year award.
- 03.01.2011IndyBar Member Named New Magistrate Judge
Denise K. LaRue has been selected to serve as the newest U.S. magistrate judge for the Southern District of Indiana.
- 02.25.2011IndyBar Office Opening on Two Hour Delay Feb. 25
Due to inclement weather, the offices of the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation will open at 10:30 a.m.
- 02.22.2011Improving The Way Courts Do Business
A message about courts, technology and funding from Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Randall T. Shepard
- 02.02.2011Delayed Start Time for IndyBar Review on Thurs., Feb. 3
Tomorrow's Estate & Gift lecture start time is being delayed one hour to allow additional time in the daylight for commuting to the IndyBar offices.
- 02.01.2011Closings for Wednesday, February 2
The IndyBar office will be closed on Wednesday, Feb. 2. Check here for additional updates on closings of courts and agencies due to inclement weather.
- 02.01.2011Closings for Tuesday, February 1
Check here for updates on closings of courts and agencies due to inclement weather on Tuesday, February 1.
- 01.31.2011IndyBar Office Closed Tuesday, Feb. 1
The office of the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation will be closed on Tuesday, February 1 due to inclement weather.
- 01.24.2011IndyBar Offers Free Preparation of Last Will & Testaments and Advance Directives
The IndyBar Low Asset Wills Program is now accepting applications for assistance.
- 01.24.2011IndyBar Legal Services Featured on WTHR
IndyBar Pro Bono Standing Committee Chair Andy Campbell, Baker & Daniels LLP, appeared on the afternoon newscast to discuss the bar's Low Asset Wills Program and other services offered by the bar.
- 01.21.2011Want to resolve old differences in the new year?
Free Legal Advice Offered February 8, 2011.
- 01.21.2011Local Attorney Becomes President of Indianapolis Bar Association
Mike Hebenstreit to Lead 5,000 Member Organization.
- 01.13.2011IndyBar Inclement Weather Policy
With winter in full swing, please note the IndyBar Inclement Weather Policy for programs and events sponsored by the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 01.13.2011Students: Don't miss out on IndyBar Week!
The IndyBar Law Student Division will host a week of fun programs and social events just for local law students.
- 01.13.20112011 Board of Directors to be Installed
The Board of Directors for both the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation will be installed on Wednesday, January 19.
- 01.13.2011Paralegals Spearhead Donation Collection at Upcoming CLE
The IndyBar Paralegal Committee will be collecting donations for Wheeler Mission at its upcoming seminar.