- 11.26.2013Final Appointments Made for 2014 IndyBar Board of Directors
The slate for the 2014 Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors is now complete with the appointment of four Vice Presidents and the Counsel to the Board by President-Elect Jeffrey A. Abrams of Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff LLP.
- 11.12.2013Make a Difference: Volunteer to Take a Family Law or Minor Guardianship Pro Bono Case
The IndyBar and local legal service providers have been teaming up to provide pro bono help in family law cases. Almost a year into this joint effort, more than 100 cases have been placed and volunteers are needed to provide assist those in need.
- 11.01.2013Plus CLE Expanded to All Sections, Divisions for 2014
Choosing the Plus CLE membership option will allow members to join a section or division and attend all of that group’s one hour brownbag CLE programs at no additional cost throughout 2014. Each section or division will offer a minimum of four programs.
- 10.30.2013IndyBar Green Legal Initiative Recognizes 27 Firms, Legal Departments for 2013
The IndyBar Go Green Committee, a sub-committee of the Young Lawyers Division, has released its list of Green Legal Initiative firms for 2013.
- 10.17.2013Moberly to Lead Bar in 2016
The Indianapolis Bar Association’s Nominating Committee has announced the selection of the Hon. Robyn Moberly of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana as the 2016 President of the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 10.15.2013Local Leaders to be Honored with IndyBar Recognition Awards
These IndyBar members–and their innovative ideas–are just a few of those who will be honored at the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation Recognition Luncheon on Thursday, November 14, 2013.
- 10.09.2013Some Civil Litigation Suspended in U.S. District Court Due to Shutdown
On October 7, 2013, Chief Judge Richard L. Young of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana signed an order suspending much of the civil litigation in which the United States is a party due to the recent government shutdown.
- 10.07.2013IndyBar to Co-Host Project Pro Bono Trainings
The IndyBar Pro Bono Standing Committee will co-host several pro bono training events with other community and legal organizations.
- 10.02.2013Marion Circuit Court Adopts Amendment to Small Claims Court Rule
On July 16th, the Marion Circuit Court published for comment a proposed amendment to Local Small Claims Rule 502. Following a comment period ending August 31, the court modified the rule as proposed.
- 09.18.2013DEADLINE EXTENDED: Are You Green Legal?
The application period for 2013 Green Legal Certification is now open!
- 09.18.2013Scholarships Available for Women, Law & Leadership Symposium
The Indianapolis Bar Association Women & the Law Division is proud to present “Women, Law & Leadership: Pay it Forward,” a comprehensive symposium designed to inform, inspire and enlighten.
- 09.05.2013Legal Question? Free Advice Available September 10
An answer to a nagging legal question has never been easier to find, and it’s free too! On Tuesday, September 10, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free call-in legal advice service, from 6 to 8 p.m. at 317-269-2000.
- 09.03.2013Heartland Pro Bono Council Announces Revised Eligibility Standards
The Heartland Pro Bono Council has released draft revised eligibility standards and invites members of the bar to submit feedback.
- 08.27.2013IndyBar Law Student Division Seeking Executive Board Members
The Indianapolis Bar Association is seeking additional members to sit on the 2013-2014 Law Student Division Executive Board. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the IndyBar Law Student Division.
- 08.15.2013Nominations Now Open for 2014 IndyBar Board of Directors
Service on the IndyBar Board of Directors provides a valuable opportunity to play a crucial role in the success and future of your local bar association.
- 08.15.2013Scheduled Maintenance on IndyBar Online CLE Platform
IndyBar Online CLE may be unavailable at times between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Saturday, August 17.
- 08.15.2013Thank you for "Stocking the Schools"!
Twenty-five different firms, agencies and organizations supported the Professionalism Committee's inaugural school supply drive to benefit Teachers' Treasures.
- 08.14.2013IndyBar Board of Directors Approves Model Rule Guidelines for Marion County Judicial Selection
As part of its ongoing efforts to facilitate judicial elections issues reform, the Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors approved at its July 2013 meeting a set of Model Rule Guidelines for the Marion County judicial selection system.
- 08.05.2013Congratulations to Class XI of the IndyBar Bar Leader Series!
Selections have been made for the 2013-2014 Bar Leader Series program.
- 08.05.2013Nominate a Colleague for an IndyBar Recognition Award
Do you know of a deserving IndyBar member who has worked hard for his or her community? Nominate him or her for an IndyBar award!
- 08.05.2013Zore, Russell Named Recipients of Professionalism Awards
The IndyBar Professionalism Committee has named Hon. Gerald Zore of Marion Superior Court the 2013 recipient of the Silver Gavel Award, while C. Joseph Russell has been posthumously awarded the bar's Professionalism award for 2013.
- 08.01.2013Applications Now Accepted for IndyBar Review Scholarships
Two scholarships for the Winter 2014 IndyBar Review session are up for grabs. These scholarships are generously funded by the Indianapolis Bar Foundation.
- 07.29.2013Stock the Schools to Benefit Local Students, Teachers
As the school buses head out for a new year, the IndyBar Professionalism Committee urges firms, agencies and legal departments to “Stock the Schools” in the committee’s inaugural school supply drive to benefit local non-profit Teachers’ Treasures.
- 07.19.2013Law Student Scholarship Available from IndyBar Government Practice Section
The Indianapolis Bar Association Government Practice Section is pleased to announce the availability of an annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to be awarded to a second or third year law student with an interest in government practice.
- 07.08.2013Rest Easy this Summer with Free Legal Advice from the IndyBar
Don't let legal woes get in the way of sunny summer fun. An answer to a nagging legal question has never been easier to find, and it’s free too!
- 07.08.2013Show Your Support for Diversity!
Registration is now open for events to be held in conjunction with the 2013 IndyBar Diversity Job Fair.
- 06.26.2013Share the IndyBar Love!
Refer a colleague to the IndyBar and when they join, you'll get a FREE hour of IndyBar CLE programming.
- 06.24.2013Give us half a chance!
Join the IndyBar now through September 30 and pay half price for your membership dues. That gives you six months to check out what's new around your local bar association!
- 06.10.2013Nominations Now Open for 2013 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award
The Antoinette Dakin Leach Award recognizes the accomplishments of female attorneys in central Indiana and is presented by the Women & the Law Division in honor of Antoinette Dakin Leach, the first woman admitted to the Indiana bar.
- 06.06.2013Fast, Free Legal Advice Available Tuesday, June 11
An answer to a nagging legal question has never been easier to find, and it’s free too! On Tuesday, June 11, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free call-in legal advice service, from 6 to 8 p.m. at 317-269-2000.
- 05.30.2013Honor the Best of the Best
The IndyBar Professionalism Committee is soliciting nominations for the 2013 IndyBar Professionalism Award (Attorney) and IndyBar Silver Gavel Award (Judge). Nominations are due on Monday, July 15.
- 05.30.2013Indianapolis Bar Association, Shortridge High School to Host Careers in Law Fair
Shortridge Magnet High School Law and Public Policy, in collaboration with the Indianapolis Bar Association, will host the second annual Careers in Law Fair on Friday, June 7 from 10:50 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 05.30.2013Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards $35,000 Impact Fund Grant to Indiana Legal Services, Inc.
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation announced Wednesday that Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) has been awarded the organization’s 2013 Impact Fund Grant of $35,000.
- 05.14.2013Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards Academic and Educational Scholarships
Seven individuals received the IBF funded scholarships.
- 05.10.2013Community Garden Planting and Health Fair Planned to Benefit Near West Neighborhoods
A group of attorneys in the Indianapolis Bar Association's Bar Leader Series have teamed up with the Near West Collaborative to make this community event possible.
- 05.09.2013Denise Bowlby Named IndyBar Paralegal of the Year
The award recognizes an outstanding paralegal for his or her exceptional contribution to the legal community. The recipient must also be recognized as a good role model for the paralegal profession, and deserving of special recognition.
- 05.03.20132013-2014 Bar Leader Series: A "Must Have"
Applications for this highly-regarded leadership development program are now available.
- 05.02.2013Shortridge High School to Host Naturalization Ceremony
The Honorable Jane Magnus-Stinson of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana will preside over the ceremony, which is the result of a collaboration between the school, the court and the IndyBar Public Outreach Committee.
- 04.03.2013Free Face-to-Face Legal Advice Available in Indy April 9
Indianapolis area residents in need of legal advice will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face for free assistance from Indianapolis attorneys at the Indianapolis Bar Association’s upcoming Ask a Lawyer event on Tuesday, April 9.
- 03.28.2013Volunteers Needed for National High School Mock Trial Championship
High school mock trial teams, coaches and judges from all over the country will converge on Indianapolis, and attorneys and judges are needed to fill approximately 400 judge positions.
- 03.25.2013IndyBar Office Closed March 25
Due to inclement weather, the offices of the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation will be closed March 25.
- 03.22.2013Indianapolis Lawyers Raise More Than $230,000; Best of the Best Honored
Members of the Indianapolis legal community, along with their friends and family, raised more than $230,000 in 2012 to provide support for those needing assistance in our community.
- 03.12.2013Help a Family at Ronald McDonald House
Looking for a “feel good” opportunity? The Indianapolis Bar Foundation invites IndyBar members to give time, food and/or supplies for our local Ronald McDonald House.
- 03.07.2013From Questions on Divorce to Issues with a Landlord, IndyBar Attorneys Are Here to Help
Determined to solve a legal problem? Free legal advice from local lawyers is only a phone call away. On Tuesday, March 12, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free legal advice call-in service from 6 to 8 p.m. at 317-269-2000.
- 03.05.2013Help the IndyBar Recognize Hard Working Paralegals
Nominate your paralegal for Paralegal of the Year and make plans to attend the annual Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon on Thursday, May 16.
- 02.28.2013Indianapolis Bar Foundation Now Accepting Impact Fund Applications
Indianapolis non-profits are eligible for a $35,000 grant through the Indianapolis Bar Foundation’s Impact Fund.
- 02.21.2013Indianapolis Bar Association Files Amicus Curiae Brief
The Amicus Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Section filed an amicus curiae brief Monday, February 18, 2013, in the matter of In re: Indiana Newspapers, Inc.
- 02.04.2013Free CLE Schedule for 2013 Posted
IndyBar members can take advantage of up to six hours of free CLE credits through the IndyBar's Free CLE TV sessions!
- 01.22.2013Make a Difference and Volunteer Today by Taking a Family Law or Minor Guardianship Pro Bono Case
The day has arrived when local legal service providers and the bar are coordinating efforts to provide pro bono help in family law cases, and we're ready for your help.
- 01.15.2013IndyBar Unveils Attorney Apprentice Program
The IndyBar’s Lawyers Helping Lawyers Task Force has taken a proactive approach to provide substantive knowledge and practical experience to new and less experienced attorneys with the creation of the Attorney Apprentice Program.
- 01.11.2013Save the Date for IndyBar Member Gatherings!
Escape from your office to enjoy an hour with your colleagues and these engaging programs and speakers at this year’s lineup of IndyBar member gatherings. Save the dates and register today!
- 01.11.2013Indiana High School Mock Trial Judge Volunteers Needed
Volunteer judges are needed for 2013 Regional, State and National Mock Trial Competitions
- 12.26.201211th Hour Video Replays on One Hour Delay December 27
11th Hour Video Replays will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, December 27. The schedule will run on a one hour delay.
- 12.25.2012IndyBar Office Closed December 26
Due to forecasted inclement weather, the IndyBar office will be closed and 11th Hour Videro Replays cancelled on Wednesday, December 26.
- 12.21.2012Give Your Old Books a Second Life!
Don't toss used code books, blue books or trial books in the trash--the IndyBar is collecting used books to be passed on to other attorneys within the bar.
- 12.20.2012Applications Now Being Accepted for Low Asset Wills Program
Indianapolis Bar Association attorneys are drafting end of life documents for free as a service to the community.
- 12.19.2012Materials for IndyBar 11th Hour Video Replays Now Available
The Indianapolis Bar Association has your last-minute CLE needs covered with 11th Hour Video Replays.
- 12.17.2012Giving Thanks: Pay it Forward by Offering Your Expertise
Volunteers sought for IndyBar Low Asset Wills program.
- 12.17.2012IndyBar Offers 11th Hour Video Replays
The Indianapolis Bar Association has your last-minute CLE needs covered with 11th Hour Video Replays.
- 11.06.2012I'm an IndyBar Paralegal Member...or I'd Like to Join. Now What Do I Do?
If you are a member already and want to get more out of your membership, or if you are not yet a member and wonder why you should be, read on…I hope to inspire you to greater heights!