- 12.04.2012New Court Assignments for Marion Superior Court Effective January 1, 2013
The following court room assignments were approved by the Marion Superior Court Executive Committee at its meeting on November 16, 2012. These assignments are effective January 1, 2013.
- 11.28.2012Registration Now Open for 2013 Installation Luncheon
Save the date and register today for the 2013 Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation Installation Luncheon, which will take place on Thursday, January 17, 2013, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
- 11.28.2012Volunteer Needed to Coordinate IndyBar Hospice Program
Want to provide legal help to dozens of terminally ill people in their last days without ever leaving your office? The IndyBar is searching for an attorney volunteer to coordinate its Hospice Program.
- 11.27.2012Section CLE Pilot Program Launched for 2013
The pilot program, which will be tested in 2013 with four IndyBar section will call for a small increase in section dues, which will in turn allow section members to attend all one-hour brownbag programming presented by the section at no cost.
- 11.09.2012Final Appointments Made for 2013 IndyBar Board of Directors
The slate for the 2013 Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors is now complete with the appointment of four Vice Presidents and the Counsel to the Board by President-Elect Kerry Hyatt Blomquist.
- 10.31.2012Marion County E-Filing Seminar Open for Registration
The Marion Superior Court, in conjunction with the IndyBar Paralegal Committee and Litigation Section, will host a program on E-Filing in Marion Superior Courts at the IndyBar on Tuesday, December 11 from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 10.31.2012Training Sessions Offered for Pro Bono Volunteers
The Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic, in partnership with the Indianapolis Bar Association, Barnes & Thornburg LLP and Ice Miller LLP, is offering two upcoming continuing legal education classes
- 10.24.2012Local Leaders to be Honored with 2012 Recognition Awards
These IndyBar members–and their innovative ideas–are just a few of those who will be honored at the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation Recognition Luncheon on Thursday, November 8, 2012.
- 10.22.2012Ask a Lawyer Assists a Record 578 Hoosiers
The final numbers are in, and the IndyBar's Fall 2012 Ask a Lawyer program succeeded in assisting 578 Hoosiers, a record for the program, which is now in its twelfth year of existence.
- 10.19.2012IndyBar President's Message: Special Relationships
A special relationship exists between the Indianapolis Bar Foundation and the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 10.03.2012Kathleen Lucas Named Recipient of 2012 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award
Kathleen Lucas, Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, will be recognized as the 2012 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award Recipient at the ADL Award Dinner on October 23.
- 09.28.2012Free Face-to-Face Legal Advice Available in Indy October 9
Indianapolis-area residents in need of legal advice will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face for free assistance from Indianapolis attorneys at the Indianapolis Bar Association’s upcoming Ask a Lawyer event on Tuesday, October 9.
- 09.26.2012Trimble to Lead Bar as President in 2015
The Indianapolis Bar Association’s Nominating Committee has announced the selection of John C. Trimble of Lewis Wagner LLP as the 2015 President of the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 09.26.2012IndyBar Review Scholarship Deadline November 1
Two scholarships for the Winter 2013 IndyBar Review session are up for grabs. The application deadline is November 1.
- 09.25.2012Metz, Zweig Named IndyBar Professionalism Award Winners
Chosen by the bar’s Professionalism Committee, the 2012 recipient of the Silver Gavel Award is the Hon. Anthony Metz III of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana, while the 2012 Professionalism Award will be presented to
- 08.30.2012IndyBar Law Student Division Seeking Executive Board Members
The Indianapolis Bar Association is seeking additional members to sit on the 2012-2013 Law Student Division Executive Board. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the IndyBar Law Student Division.
- 08.23.2012Marion Superior Court Seeking a Court Administrator
Application deadline is September 15, 2012.
- 08.16.2012The IndyBar's Been Busy!
Check out the 2012 IndyBar Section, Division and Committee Mid-Year Reports.
- 08.10.2012Free Legal Advice Available August 14, 2012.
Legal Questions? The IndyBar Has Answers.
- 08.06.2012IndyBar Board of Directors Approves Resolutions Related to Judicial Reform
The Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors approved two resolutions related to the judicial system in Indiana at its July meeting on Friday, July 13.
- 07.24.2012Honor the Best of the Best
Nominations Open for Professionalism Awards
- 07.20.2012IndyBar Offering Free E-Cycling Event
Bring your old electronics to this convenient, free drive-thru recycling event on Friday, August 24.
- 07.18.2012Judge Sarah Evans Barker Recipient of 2012 Advancing American Democracy Award
Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site Proudly Announces Judge Sarah Evans Barker as the Recipient of 2012 Advancing American Democracy Award
- 07.15.2012Volunteer Opportunity: Welcome New Citizens at Naturalization Ceremonies
Courtroom connotations: stress, contention and opposition. Let us change that for you--participate in a warm, wonderful Naturalization Ceremony.
- 07.05.2012Free Legal Advice Offered July 10
Have a question for a lawyer? It’s never been easier to get a quick answer, and it’s free.
- 06.27.2012Calling All Leaders: Nominations Now Open for 2013 IndyBar Board of Directors
Hon. Jane Magnus Stinson will lead the Nominating Committee in the selection of several positions for the 2013 Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors.
- 06.25.2012Nominations Now Accepted for 2012 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to nominate an outstanding female attorney for the 2012 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award.
- 05.29.2012IndyBar Launches Indy Lawyer Finder
Continuing in its mission to provide the public with access to legal representation, the Indianapolis Bar Association has launched Indy Lawyer Finder, a free online service offering the community user-guided searches of local attorneys.
- 05.10.2012Tee Up with the Indianapolis Bar Foundation
Registration is now open for 2012 Lawyer Links Classic.
- 05.10.2012Are You Green Legal?
Make a pledge to engage in greener business practices and become Green Legal certified by the IndyBar!
- 05.09.2012Superior Court Slated Candidates Prevail in Primary
All candidates slated by the Democrat and Republican parties prevailed in the May 8 primary.
- 05.01.2012Small Claims Court Report Issued
Indiana Supreme Court Task Force completes work by recommending adoption of reforms suggested by IndyBar in 1998.
- 04.26.2012Opportunity to Support the Rule of Law
Volunteers are needed to staff the Marion County Election Board Inspector Hotline on Election Day
- 04.25.2012Attorney Volunteers Needed for IndyBar Homeless Shelter Project
Want to Make an Impact? The IndyBar Homeless Shelter Project is looking for attorney volunteers.
- 04.23.2012Deadline to Order Your IndyBar Legal Directory is This Friday
Don't Miss Out -- Order Your Legal Directory Before The April 27th Deadline!
- 04.20.2012Indianapolis Lawyers Release Results of Judicial Candidate Peer Evaluation
In order to assist voters in electing qualified and effective judges in the November 8 election, the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Judicial Excellence Political Action Committee has released the results of its 2012 judicial candidate peer evaluation.
- 03.30.2012Attorney Access Cards for CCB Expire April 14
The Marion County Court Administrator's Office has announced that attorney access cards for the City-County Building issued prior to Feb. 23, 2012 will expire Saturday, April 14, 2012.
- 03.14.2012Join Us for Breakfast!
The IndyBar’s Paralegal Committee and Solo/Small Firm Practice Section have teamed up to create a breakfast series of programs designed to strengthen both individual work styles and skills as well as the paralegal/attorney relationship.
- 03.12.2012Several Proposed Rule Amendments Open for Comment
The Marion Superior Court and the Indiana Supreme Court Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure have posted several proposed rule amendments that are currently open for public comment.
- 03.12.2012Kilies and McGoff Law Students of the Year
The annual Take a Law Student to Lunch event is a chance for the practicing bar to mix and mingle with some of the finest future lawyers in the land. To further highlight the high quality of future lawyers in our community the IndyBar’s Law Student Divisi
- 03.07.2012Help the IndyBar Recognize Hard Working Paralegals
Nominate your paralegal for Paralegal of the Year and make plans to attend the annual Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon on Thursday, April 12.
- 02.29.2012Advertise with the Indianapolis Bar Association!
The IndyBar has advertising packages and options for every budget.
- 02.15.2012Take Advantage of Free CLE in 2012!
IndyBar Members can attend up to six sessions of the bar's Free CLE TV sessions throughout the year.
- 02.14.2012Update Your Listing and Pre-Order the 2012 Indianapolis Bar Association Legal Directory
It’s time for the IndyBar Legal Directory, a handy reference to legal professionals in our community.
- 02.13.2012Volunteer for the Health and Human Rights Clinic at the Robert H. McKinney School of Law
The Health & Human Rights Clinic at the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, with the support of a $35,000 grant from the Indianapolis Bar Foundation, is launching a first-of-its-kind initiative.
- 02.13.2012IndyBar Offering Free Legal Advice February 14
Attorney volunteers will be offering free legal advice over the phone from 6 pm - 8 pm.
- 02.09.2012Applications Now Being Accepted for Low Asset Wills Program
Indianapolis Bar Association attorneys are drafting end of life documents for free as a service to the community
- 01.27.2012Employer & Sponsor Registration Now Open for 2012 IndyBar Diversity Job Fair
Employers and sponsors that participate in the Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair gain access to talented candidates and help to broaden the diversity of the local legal community.
- 01.20.2012Bill Watch Update
The Legislative Committee has posted the updated listings of bills and resolutions being monitored by IndyBar.
- 01.17.2012Judge Magnus-Stinson to Receive Buchanan Award
Chosen in recognition of her distinguished leadership in the legal community and the community at large, Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson will be honored at a luncheon March 22.
- 01.11.2012Bios of Superior Court Candidates Available Online
IndyBar's Judicial Excellence Political Action Committee has launched www.indyjudges.org to provide complete information about the candidates.
- 01.09.2012IndyBar's BillWatch 2012 Begins
The listings of bills and resolutions pending before the General Assembly which are being monitored by IndyBar's Legislative Committee has been released.
- 01.05.2012Judicial Evaluation Survey to Open January 9
The Indianapolis Bar Association’s Judicial Excellence Political Action Committee (JEPAC) will soon be sending out its judicial survey to attorneys who have appeared in the Marion County Courts within the last three years.
- 01.05.2012IndyBar Offering Free Legal Advice Jan. 10
Attorney volunteers will be offering free legal advice over the phone from 6 pm - 8 pm.
- 01.04.2012Court Requiring Renewal of Attorney Access Cards
Effective February 23, 2012 application and distribution will begin for new attorney access cards to the City County Building and cards issued prior to that date will no longer be valid on April 1, 2012.