- 07.24.2015Thank you for "Stocking the Schools"!
The Indy legal community teamed up to donate an impressive haul of school supplies to benefit local students and teachers through the "Stock the Schools" supply drive on July 22.
- 07.22.2015Go Green and Be Seen!
The application period is now open for the 2015 Green Legal Initiative.
- 07.10.2015Nominations Open for Professionalism Awards
Professionalism--it's a trait that sets apart one stellar attorney or judge from another. Now is your chance to honor this invaluable quality in your Indy colleagues.
- 07.02.2015Get on Board!
Nominations are now open for the 2016 IndyBar Board of Directors
- 06.22.2015Nominations Now Accepted for Antoinette Dakin Leach Award
To recognize the accomplishments of female attorneys in central Indiana, the IndyBar’s Women & the Law Division presents the Antoinette Dakin Leach Award, an honor named for the first woman who gained admittance to the Indiana Bar.
- 06.22.2015Stock the Schools with the IndyBar to Benefit Teachers' Treasures
Take your office or school supplies to south side of Monument Circle for the third annual IndyBar Stock the Schools supply drive! This event benefits teachers and students in Indianapolis who need your support to get started this fall.
- 06.16.2015Arlene Morris Named IndyBar Paralegal of the Year
The Indianapolis Bar Association is proud to recognize Arlene L. Morris as the association's Paralegal of the Year for 2015. Morris will be recognized for this honor at the IndyBar Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon, to be held Thursday, July 30.
- 06.12.2015Ready to Make an Impact? Indianapolis Bar Foundation to Award $35,000 Grant
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation (IBF) is now accepting applications through July 8, 2015 for its Impact Fund Grant of at least $35,000 to be awarded in early October 2015.
- 06.11.2015Incorrect Local Rule Published
The Marion Superior Court has announced that that the local rule referenced in the 2015 Indiana Rules of Court Volume III- Local book published by Thomson Reuters does not contain the court's current local rule regarding Writs of Attachment.
- 06.11.2015Three finalists selected for Court of Appeals vacancy
Commission selects McMath, Altice, Goff as finalists for Court of Appeals vacancy.
- 05.29.2015A Fraction of Time for Exponential Benefits: You Can Make a Difference
Three hours out of 744. That’s all it takes to help a family in need—a couple hours each month. The result? Happier, safer families leading to a happier, safer city.
- 05.20.2015Motivate, Inspire, Lead: Applications Now Accepted for Bar Leader Series Class XIII
The Bar Leader Series is the IndyBar's leadership development program for young attorneys. This fast-track series empowers participants to make the most of their innate talents, while emphasizing the importance of service to the community.
- 05.18.2015Interview Times Set for Court of Appeals Applicants
All eight applicants who applied for an opening on the Court of Appeals of Indiana will be interviewed by the Judicial Nominating Commission. The interviews will take place on Wednesday, June 10 in Room 319 of the State House.
- 05.12.2015Go Local! An IndyBar Twitter Celebration
As @IndyBar reaches a milestone 2,000 followers, we're sharing the love with our Twitter friends with an all-local Indy giveaway!
- 05.08.2015Registration Now Open for Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon
Assistance from qualified and competent paralegals is crucial to the success of many attorneys. This year, make sure to recognize the important paralegal in your life by registering to attend the bar's annual Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon.
- 04.27.2015Eight Applicants for Court of Appeals of Indiana Vacancy Announced
The Judicial Nominating Commission has released the names of applicants for the upcoming Court of Appeals of Indiana vacancy. Of the applicants, six are current Indianapolis Bar Association members.
- 04.20.2015IndyBar Issues Justice Center Statement to City County Council Members
IndyBar President John Trimble and Justice Center Task Force Chair John Kautzman urge councilors to "move forward aggressively to construct the criminal justice facilities our city’s citizens require."
- 03.30.2015DEADLINE EXTENDED: Nominations Now Open for IndyBar Paralegal of the Year Award
Assistance from qualified and competent paralegals is crucial to the success of many attorneys. This year, make sure to recognize the important paralegal in your life by submitting a Paralegal of the Year Award nomination.
- 03.25.2015IndyBar, Martin Luther King Community Center to Host Kids Community Fair
Community members will have the opportunity to win prizes, tackle an obstacle course, meet public safety officials and enjoy free refreshments at the fair on Saturday, March 28.
- 03.23.2015It's Time for IndyBar March Membership Madness!
Here’s a pick that won’t let you down—give us a shot to prove how IndyBar membership can be a star player in your professional success and we’ll give you 10% your 2015 membership dues!
- 03.19.2015Volunteers Needed for Low Asset Will Workshops
Low income individuals are more likely to die younger and without wills or advance directives in place--but you can help.
- 03.05.2015IndyBar Members: Come on down for FREE CLE!
You can’t beat free...and free is what you get as an IndyBar member at our Free CLE TV video replays!
- 03.02.2015Applications Available for Court of Appeals of Indiana
Applications are now available for an upcoming vacancy on the Court of Appeals of Indiana. They are due by April 27, 2015. See this post for more details.
- 02.18.2015IndyBar Update on SJR15: Measure Fails in Committee
Earlier today, Indianapolis Bar Association President John C. Trimble spoke before the Indiana Senate Judiciary Committee in opposition to Senate Joint Resolution 15 which would have altered the selection process for appellate and Supreme Court judges.
- 01.20.2015Marion Superior Court Announces Executive Committee
The four newly-elected members of the court's executive committee will serve in 2015 and 2016.
- 01.07.2015Marion Superior and Circuit Courts to Delay Opening Jan. 8
Due to continuing extreme low temperatures, Marion Superior and Circuit Courts will open at noon on Thursday, Jan. 8.
- 01.06.2015Marion Superior and Circuit Courts to Delay Opening Jan. 7
Due to anticipated extreme low temperatures, Marion Superior and Circuit Courts will open at noon on Wednesday, Jan. 7.
- 01.06.2015Kerry Hyatt Blomquist to be Honored as 2014 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award Recipient
Blomquist will be honored as the 2014 recipient of the Antoinette Dakin Leach Award at a luncheon in her honor on Thursday, January 15 at noon at the Skyline Club.
- 12.12.2014Indianapolis Bar Association Remains Optimistic About Justice Center Complex
The Indianapolis Bar Association expressed its continued optimism about the prospects of a new criminal justice center complex in light of today’s important announcement by City officials that a preferred bidder has been selected.
- 12.10.2014Retirement Celebration to be Held for Judge Louis Rosenberg
Marion County Circuit Court will host a celebration for Judge Louis Rosenberg's retirement on December 18, 2014 from noon to 2 p.m. See this post for more information.
- 12.01.2014Public Notice of Local Rule Amendments - Southern District of Indiana
The U.S. District Court released a public notice of the amendments to Local Rules for the Southern District of Indiana, which will take effect on January 1, 2015. See this post for more information.
- 11.13.2014Order Waives Fee for Motions for Protective Orders
The United States Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of Indiana released an order waiving the fee for motions for protective orders. See this post for details.
- 10.31.2014Public Notice of Proposed Local Rule Amendments - Southern District of Indiana
Information has been released concerning a proposed amendment to the Local Rules of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
- 10.30.2014IndyBar to Offer Labor and Employment Guidance for Local Small Businesses
For a small business owner, navigating labor and employment laws can be one of the most difficult and potentially costly parts about doing business. An upcoming program seeks to lessen this burden by providing employers with valuable tips and information.
- 10.28.20142015 Pro Bono Clerkship in Consumer Law Available
Heartland Pro Bono Council has a one-year, unpaid clerkship position available in consumer law. See this post for more information.
- 10.17.2014Notice of Proposed Local Rule Amendment
The Judge of the Marion Circuit Court has given notice of an amendment to local Court Rule LR49-SC00-703 Wedding Fees.
- 10.17.2014IndyBar Recognition Awards Honor Indy’s Leading Legal Professionals
Each year, the IndyBar takes time to honor and celebrate local leaders with innovative ideas at the IndyBar/IBF Recognition Luncheon. Join us on November 13 as we recognize individuals who make outstanding contributions to the legal community.
- 10.10.2014Julie Armstrong to Receive 2014 Indiana Women of Achievement Award
Ball State University has named Indianapolis Bar Association Executive Director Julie Armstrong a 2014 recipient of the Indiana Women of Achievement Award.
- 10.09.2014Statement of Indianapolis Bar Association Regarding Marion County Judicial System Decision
The Indianapolis Bar Association is reviewing Judge Young's decision holding unconstitutional Marion County's current system for selecting judges.
- 10.09.2014Free Face-to-Face Legal Advice Available in Indy on Tuesday, October 14
This one-day event will allow members of the public to meet face-to-face with volunteer lawyers at 13 locations throughout the city from 2 to 6 p.m.
- 09.18.2014Help Us Honor Excellence: Nominations Now Open for IndyBar Recognition Awards
The Indianapolis legal community is fortunate to be home to many talented, dedicated professionals, and we need your help in identifying our colleagues who went above and beyond in 2014.
- 09.18.2014Supreme Court Annual Report: Nearly 1000 Cases Considered This Year
The Supreme Court annual report is now available. The report provides information about the work of the Court and its affiliated agencies.
- 09.10.2014Marion County Court Assignments Made for 2015
Marion County court assignments that will begin January 2015 have been announced.
- 09.09.2014CLE Commission Launches New Search Websites, Asks for Feedback
Legal professionals are being asked to try out two new CLE-search websites designed to improve functionality and ease of use.
- 09.09.2014Judge the Maurer Law Moot Court Competition
Attorneys are needed to serve as guest judges at IU Maurer Law's moot court competition on Oct. 15-18. The competition is Maurer's largest co-curricular and alumni event.
- 09.04.2014Ricafort to Lead Indianapolis Bar Association in 2017
The Indianapolis Bar Association’s Nominating Committee has announced their selections for the Board of Directors, naming Nissa Ricafort for president for 2017.
- 08.19.2014Marion Circuit Court Releases Order on Transferrence of Consumer Debt Cases
Marion County Small Claims Courts are ordered to transfer all consumer debt cases that were not filed in the defendant's residence or place of contract.
- 08.13.2014NEW: Search CLEs by Credit Type
A new search feature on the events calendar makes finding CLEs by credit type easier than ever.
- 08.13.2014Dickson, Kappes Recipients of 2014 Professionalism Awards
The IndyBar Professionalism Committee has named Justice Brent Dickson of the Indiana Supreme Court the 2014 recipient of the Silver Gavel Award, while Philip "Skip" Kappes of Lewis & Kappes has been awarded the bar's Professionalism Award.
- 08.06.2014Loretta Rush Selected As Indiana Chief Justice
Loretta Rush will take office as Indiana's Chief Justice at the end of August.
- 08.06.2014Bar Leader Series Class XII Announced
Attorneys selected to participate in the Bar Leader Series have been announced and will begin the program this month.
- 08.06.2014Former White House Counsel, Fred Fielding, will Headline 9/11 Event Benefiting Benjamin Harrison Pr
Indy will be host to former White House Counsel Fred F. Fielding on September 11. More details about the event and how to attend are available now.
- 08.05.2014New for 2014: Applicants to Receive Exam Bar Results Prior to Public Listing
The Indiana Board of Law Examiners has announced that while the list of successful applicants will be released to the public on Monday, September 15, applicants will be personally notified of their results via the online portal on Friday, September 12.
- 08.04.2014Make Your Voice Heard! IndyBar to Host Criminal Justice Complex Forum
Members are invited to provide input, feedback and suggestions on the new consolidated criminal justice complex to the city and HOK.