- 05.14.2013Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards Academic and Educational Scholarships
Seven individuals received the IBF funded scholarships.
- 05.10.2013Community Garden Planting and Health Fair Planned to Benefit Near West Neighborhoods
A group of attorneys in the Indianapolis Bar Association's Bar Leader Series have teamed up with the Near West Collaborative to make this community event possible.
- 05.09.2013Denise Bowlby Named IndyBar Paralegal of the Year
The award recognizes an outstanding paralegal for his or her exceptional contribution to the legal community. The recipient must also be recognized as a good role model for the paralegal profession, and deserving of special recognition.
- 05.03.20132013-2014 Bar Leader Series: A "Must Have"
Applications for this highly-regarded leadership development program are now available.
- 05.02.2013Shortridge High School to Host Naturalization Ceremony
The Honorable Jane Magnus-Stinson of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana will preside over the ceremony, which is the result of a collaboration between the school, the court and the IndyBar Public Outreach Committee.
- 04.03.2013Free Face-to-Face Legal Advice Available in Indy April 9
Indianapolis area residents in need of legal advice will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face for free assistance from Indianapolis attorneys at the Indianapolis Bar Association’s upcoming Ask a Lawyer event on Tuesday, April 9.
- 03.28.2013Volunteers Needed for National High School Mock Trial Championship
High school mock trial teams, coaches and judges from all over the country will converge on Indianapolis, and attorneys and judges are needed to fill approximately 400 judge positions.
- 03.25.2013IndyBar Office Closed March 25
Due to inclement weather, the offices of the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation will be closed March 25.
- 03.22.2013Indianapolis Lawyers Raise More Than $230,000; Best of the Best Honored
Members of the Indianapolis legal community, along with their friends and family, raised more than $230,000 in 2012 to provide support for those needing assistance in our community.
- 03.12.2013Help a Family at Ronald McDonald House
Looking for a “feel good” opportunity? The Indianapolis Bar Foundation invites IndyBar members to give time, food and/or supplies for our local Ronald McDonald House.
- 03.07.2013From Questions on Divorce to Issues with a Landlord, IndyBar Attorneys Are Here to Help
Determined to solve a legal problem? Free legal advice from local lawyers is only a phone call away. On Tuesday, March 12, the Indianapolis Bar Association will offer Legal Line, a free legal advice call-in service from 6 to 8 p.m. at 317-269-2000.
- 03.05.2013Help the IndyBar Recognize Hard Working Paralegals
Nominate your paralegal for Paralegal of the Year and make plans to attend the annual Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon on Thursday, May 16.
- 02.28.2013Indianapolis Bar Foundation Now Accepting Impact Fund Applications
Indianapolis non-profits are eligible for a $35,000 grant through the Indianapolis Bar Foundation’s Impact Fund.
- 02.21.2013Indianapolis Bar Association Files Amicus Curiae Brief
The Amicus Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Section filed an amicus curiae brief Monday, February 18, 2013, in the matter of In re: Indiana Newspapers, Inc.
- 02.04.2013Free CLE Schedule for 2013 Posted
IndyBar members can take advantage of up to six hours of free CLE credits through the IndyBar's Free CLE TV sessions!
- 01.22.2013Make a Difference and Volunteer Today by Taking a Family Law or Minor Guardianship Pro Bono Case
The day has arrived when local legal service providers and the bar are coordinating efforts to provide pro bono help in family law cases, and we're ready for your help.
- 01.15.2013IndyBar Unveils Attorney Apprentice Program
The IndyBar’s Lawyers Helping Lawyers Task Force has taken a proactive approach to provide substantive knowledge and practical experience to new and less experienced attorneys with the creation of the Attorney Apprentice Program.
- 01.11.2013Save the Date for IndyBar Member Gatherings!
Escape from your office to enjoy an hour with your colleagues and these engaging programs and speakers at this year’s lineup of IndyBar member gatherings. Save the dates and register today!
- 01.11.2013Indiana High School Mock Trial Judge Volunteers Needed
Volunteer judges are needed for 2013 Regional, State and National Mock Trial Competitions
- 12.26.201211th Hour Video Replays on One Hour Delay December 27
11th Hour Video Replays will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, December 27. The schedule will run on a one hour delay.
- 12.25.2012IndyBar Office Closed December 26
Due to forecasted inclement weather, the IndyBar office will be closed and 11th Hour Videro Replays cancelled on Wednesday, December 26.
- 12.21.2012Give Your Old Books a Second Life!
Don't toss used code books, blue books or trial books in the trash--the IndyBar is collecting used books to be passed on to other attorneys within the bar.
- 12.20.2012Applications Now Being Accepted for Low Asset Wills Program
Indianapolis Bar Association attorneys are drafting end of life documents for free as a service to the community.
- 12.19.2012Materials for IndyBar 11th Hour Video Replays Now Available
The Indianapolis Bar Association has your last-minute CLE needs covered with 11th Hour Video Replays.
- 12.17.2012Giving Thanks: Pay it Forward by Offering Your Expertise
Volunteers sought for IndyBar Low Asset Wills program.
- 12.17.2012IndyBar Offers 11th Hour Video Replays
The Indianapolis Bar Association has your last-minute CLE needs covered with 11th Hour Video Replays.
- 12.04.2012New Court Assignments for Marion Superior Court Effective January 1, 2013
The following court room assignments were approved by the Marion Superior Court Executive Committee at its meeting on November 16, 2012. These assignments are effective January 1, 2013.
- 11.28.2012Registration Now Open for 2013 Installation Luncheon
Save the date and register today for the 2013 Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation Installation Luncheon, which will take place on Thursday, January 17, 2013, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
- 11.28.2012Volunteer Needed to Coordinate IndyBar Hospice Program
Want to provide legal help to dozens of terminally ill people in their last days without ever leaving your office? The IndyBar is searching for an attorney volunteer to coordinate its Hospice Program.
- 11.27.2012Section CLE Pilot Program Launched for 2013
The pilot program, which will be tested in 2013 with four IndyBar section will call for a small increase in section dues, which will in turn allow section members to attend all one-hour brownbag programming presented by the section at no cost.
- 11.09.2012Final Appointments Made for 2013 IndyBar Board of Directors
The slate for the 2013 Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors is now complete with the appointment of four Vice Presidents and the Counsel to the Board by President-Elect Kerry Hyatt Blomquist.
- 10.31.2012Marion County E-Filing Seminar Open for Registration
The Marion Superior Court, in conjunction with the IndyBar Paralegal Committee and Litigation Section, will host a program on E-Filing in Marion Superior Courts at the IndyBar on Tuesday, December 11 from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 10.31.2012Training Sessions Offered for Pro Bono Volunteers
The Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic, in partnership with the Indianapolis Bar Association, Barnes & Thornburg LLP and Ice Miller LLP, is offering two upcoming continuing legal education classes
- 10.24.2012Local Leaders to be Honored with 2012 Recognition Awards
These IndyBar members–and their innovative ideas–are just a few of those who will be honored at the Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation Recognition Luncheon on Thursday, November 8, 2012.
- 10.22.2012Ask a Lawyer Assists a Record 578 Hoosiers
The final numbers are in, and the IndyBar's Fall 2012 Ask a Lawyer program succeeded in assisting 578 Hoosiers, a record for the program, which is now in its twelfth year of existence.
- 10.19.2012IndyBar President's Message: Special Relationships
A special relationship exists between the Indianapolis Bar Foundation and the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 10.03.2012Kathleen Lucas Named Recipient of 2012 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award
Kathleen Lucas, Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, will be recognized as the 2012 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award Recipient at the ADL Award Dinner on October 23.
- 09.28.2012Free Face-to-Face Legal Advice Available in Indy October 9
Indianapolis-area residents in need of legal advice will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face for free assistance from Indianapolis attorneys at the Indianapolis Bar Association’s upcoming Ask a Lawyer event on Tuesday, October 9.
- 09.26.2012Trimble to Lead Bar as President in 2015
The Indianapolis Bar Association’s Nominating Committee has announced the selection of John C. Trimble of Lewis Wagner LLP as the 2015 President of the Indianapolis Bar Association.
- 09.26.2012IndyBar Review Scholarship Deadline November 1
Two scholarships for the Winter 2013 IndyBar Review session are up for grabs. The application deadline is November 1.
- 09.25.2012Metz, Zweig Named IndyBar Professionalism Award Winners
Chosen by the bar’s Professionalism Committee, the 2012 recipient of the Silver Gavel Award is the Hon. Anthony Metz III of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana, while the 2012 Professionalism Award will be presented to
- 08.30.2012IndyBar Law Student Division Seeking Executive Board Members
The Indianapolis Bar Association is seeking additional members to sit on the 2012-2013 Law Student Division Executive Board. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the IndyBar Law Student Division.
- 08.23.2012Marion Superior Court Seeking a Court Administrator
Application deadline is September 15, 2012.
- 08.16.2012The IndyBar's Been Busy!
Check out the 2012 IndyBar Section, Division and Committee Mid-Year Reports.
- 08.10.2012Free Legal Advice Available August 14, 2012.
Legal Questions? The IndyBar Has Answers.
- 08.06.2012IndyBar Board of Directors Approves Resolutions Related to Judicial Reform
The Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors approved two resolutions related to the judicial system in Indiana at its July meeting on Friday, July 13.
- 07.24.2012Honor the Best of the Best
Nominations Open for Professionalism Awards
- 07.20.2012IndyBar Offering Free E-Cycling Event
Bring your old electronics to this convenient, free drive-thru recycling event on Friday, August 24.
- 07.18.2012Judge Sarah Evans Barker Recipient of 2012 Advancing American Democracy Award
Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site Proudly Announces Judge Sarah Evans Barker as the Recipient of 2012 Advancing American Democracy Award
- 07.05.2012Free Legal Advice Offered July 10
Have a question for a lawyer? It’s never been easier to get a quick answer, and it’s free.
- 06.27.2012Calling All Leaders: Nominations Now Open for 2013 IndyBar Board of Directors
Hon. Jane Magnus Stinson will lead the Nominating Committee in the selection of several positions for the 2013 Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors.
- 06.25.2012Nominations Now Accepted for 2012 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to nominate an outstanding female attorney for the 2012 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award.
- 05.29.2012IndyBar Launches Indy Lawyer Finder
Continuing in its mission to provide the public with access to legal representation, the Indianapolis Bar Association has launched Indy Lawyer Finder, a free online service offering the community user-guided searches of local attorneys.
- 01.11.2012Bios of Superior Court Candidates Available Online
IndyBar's Judicial Excellence Political Action Committee has launched www.indyjudges.org to provide complete information about the candidates.