- 10.23.2015IndyBar Recognition Awards Honor Indy’s Leading Legal Professionals
Each year, the IndyBar takes time to honor and celebrate local leaders with innovative ideas through the Recognition Awards. Join us on November 18 as we honor individuals who make outstanding contributions to the legal community.
- 10.21.2015IndyBar Notes the Passing of Sue Shadley
The Indianapolis Bar Association is saddened to note the passing of member and trailblazer Sue Shadley.
- 10.21.2015Statistics Available from Indiana Trial Courts
Over 1.3 million new cases were filed in Indiana trial courts in 2014 according to the Indiana Judicial Service Report.
- 10.15.2015Governor Pence Appoints Alicia Gooden to Marion Superior Court
Governor Mike Pence today named IndyBar member Alicia Gooden as Marion Superior Court Judge. She fills the position previously vacated by Judge Robert Altice, Jr. who was appointed by Governor Pence to the Court of Appeals in July.
- 10.06.2015Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards $35,000 Impact Fund Grant to Peace Learning Center
With help from the Indianapolis Bar Foundation, more than 2,500 local school children will gain access to critical conflict resolution skills through an innovative Restorative Justice program spearheaded by Peace Learning Center (PLC).
- 10.01.2015IndyBar Notes Passing of Judge Patrick Sullivan
IndyBar member Patrick D. Sullivan was the longest-serving Indiana Court of Appeals judge in the court’s history. He passed away Thursday after a brief illness, the court announced.
- 09.29.2015Final Appointments Made for 2016 Board of Directors
The slate for the 2016 Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors is now complete with the appointment of four Vice Presidents and the Counsel to the Board by President-Elect Judge Robyn Moberly.
- 09.17.2015Help Us Honor Excellence: Nominations Now Open for IndyBar Recognition Awards
The Indianapolis legal community is fortunate to be home to many talented, dedicated professionals, and we need your help in identifying our colleagues who went above and beyond in 2015.
- 09.09.2015IndyBar Statement Regarding 7th Circuit Court of Appeals Judicial System Decision
The Indianapolis Bar Association is reviewing the decision of the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals holding the Marion County judicial selection system unconstitutional.
- 09.08.2015Get Involved with the IndyBar Law Student Division!
The nomination period for the Fall 2015 Indianapolis Bar Association Law Student Division Executive Board has begun. Five At-Large positions are available.
- 09.01.2015Recipients of 2015 Professionalism and Silver Gavel Awards Announced
The IndyBar Professionalism Committee has named Magistrate Victoria Ransberger of Marion Superior Court the 2015 recipient of the Silver Gavel Award, while Ruth Johnson of the Marion County Public Defender Agency has been awarded the Professionalism Award
- 08.07.2015New Verizon Promotions for IndyBar Members
Each quarter Verizon offers our eligible members great deals on products through our partnership with NPP. Read on for some of the latest promotions available.
- 07.24.2015Thank you for "Stocking the Schools"!
The Indy legal community teamed up to donate an impressive haul of school supplies to benefit local students and teachers through the "Stock the Schools" supply drive on July 22.
- 07.22.2015Go Green and Be Seen!
The application period is now open for the 2015 Green Legal Initiative.
- 07.10.2015Nominations Open for Professionalism Awards
Professionalism--it's a trait that sets apart one stellar attorney or judge from another. Now is your chance to honor this invaluable quality in your Indy colleagues.
- 07.02.2015Get on Board!
Nominations are now open for the 2016 IndyBar Board of Directors
- 06.22.2015Nominations Now Accepted for Antoinette Dakin Leach Award
To recognize the accomplishments of female attorneys in central Indiana, the IndyBar’s Women & the Law Division presents the Antoinette Dakin Leach Award, an honor named for the first woman who gained admittance to the Indiana Bar.
- 06.22.2015Stock the Schools with the IndyBar to Benefit Teachers' Treasures
Take your office or school supplies to south side of Monument Circle for the third annual IndyBar Stock the Schools supply drive! This event benefits teachers and students in Indianapolis who need your support to get started this fall.
- 06.16.2015Arlene Morris Named IndyBar Paralegal of the Year
The Indianapolis Bar Association is proud to recognize Arlene L. Morris as the association's Paralegal of the Year for 2015. Morris will be recognized for this honor at the IndyBar Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon, to be held Thursday, July 30.
- 06.12.2015Ready to Make an Impact? Indianapolis Bar Foundation to Award $35,000 Grant
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation (IBF) is now accepting applications through July 8, 2015 for its Impact Fund Grant of at least $35,000 to be awarded in early October 2015.
- 06.11.2015Incorrect Local Rule Published
The Marion Superior Court has announced that that the local rule referenced in the 2015 Indiana Rules of Court Volume III- Local book published by Thomson Reuters does not contain the court's current local rule regarding Writs of Attachment.
- 06.11.2015Three finalists selected for Court of Appeals vacancy
Commission selects McMath, Altice, Goff as finalists for Court of Appeals vacancy.
- 05.29.2015A Fraction of Time for Exponential Benefits: You Can Make a Difference
Three hours out of 744. That’s all it takes to help a family in need—a couple hours each month. The result? Happier, safer families leading to a happier, safer city.
- 05.20.2015Motivate, Inspire, Lead: Applications Now Accepted for Bar Leader Series Class XIII
The Bar Leader Series is the IndyBar's leadership development program for young attorneys. This fast-track series empowers participants to make the most of their innate talents, while emphasizing the importance of service to the community.
- 05.18.2015Interview Times Set for Court of Appeals Applicants
All eight applicants who applied for an opening on the Court of Appeals of Indiana will be interviewed by the Judicial Nominating Commission. The interviews will take place on Wednesday, June 10 in Room 319 of the State House.
- 05.12.2015Go Local! An IndyBar Twitter Celebration
As @IndyBar reaches a milestone 2,000 followers, we're sharing the love with our Twitter friends with an all-local Indy giveaway!
- 05.08.2015Registration Now Open for Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon
Assistance from qualified and competent paralegals is crucial to the success of many attorneys. This year, make sure to recognize the important paralegal in your life by registering to attend the bar's annual Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon.
- 04.27.2015Eight Applicants for Court of Appeals of Indiana Vacancy Announced
The Judicial Nominating Commission has released the names of applicants for the upcoming Court of Appeals of Indiana vacancy. Of the applicants, six are current Indianapolis Bar Association members.
- 04.20.2015IndyBar Issues Justice Center Statement to City County Council Members
IndyBar President John Trimble and Justice Center Task Force Chair John Kautzman urge councilors to "move forward aggressively to construct the criminal justice facilities our city’s citizens require."
- 03.30.2015DEADLINE EXTENDED: Nominations Now Open for IndyBar Paralegal of the Year Award
Assistance from qualified and competent paralegals is crucial to the success of many attorneys. This year, make sure to recognize the important paralegal in your life by submitting a Paralegal of the Year Award nomination.
- 03.25.2015IndyBar, Martin Luther King Community Center to Host Kids Community Fair
Community members will have the opportunity to win prizes, tackle an obstacle course, meet public safety officials and enjoy free refreshments at the fair on Saturday, March 28.
- 03.23.2015It's Time for IndyBar March Membership Madness!
Here’s a pick that won’t let you down—give us a shot to prove how IndyBar membership can be a star player in your professional success and we’ll give you 10% your 2015 membership dues!
- 03.19.2015Volunteers Needed for Low Asset Will Workshops
Low income individuals are more likely to die younger and without wills or advance directives in place--but you can help.
- 03.05.2015IndyBar Members: Come on down for FREE CLE!
You can’t beat free...and free is what you get as an IndyBar member at our Free CLE TV video replays!
- 03.02.2015Applications Available for Court of Appeals of Indiana
Applications are now available for an upcoming vacancy on the Court of Appeals of Indiana. They are due by April 27, 2015. See this post for more details.
- 02.18.2015IndyBar Update on SJR15: Measure Fails in Committee
Earlier today, Indianapolis Bar Association President John C. Trimble spoke before the Indiana Senate Judiciary Committee in opposition to Senate Joint Resolution 15 which would have altered the selection process for appellate and Supreme Court judges.
- 01.20.2015Marion Superior Court Announces Executive Committee
The four newly-elected members of the court's executive committee will serve in 2015 and 2016.
- 01.07.2015Marion Superior and Circuit Courts to Delay Opening Jan. 8
Due to continuing extreme low temperatures, Marion Superior and Circuit Courts will open at noon on Thursday, Jan. 8.
- 01.06.2015Marion Superior and Circuit Courts to Delay Opening Jan. 7
Due to anticipated extreme low temperatures, Marion Superior and Circuit Courts will open at noon on Wednesday, Jan. 7.
- 01.06.2015Kerry Hyatt Blomquist to be Honored as 2014 Antoinette Dakin Leach Award Recipient
Blomquist will be honored as the 2014 recipient of the Antoinette Dakin Leach Award at a luncheon in her honor on Thursday, January 15 at noon at the Skyline Club.
- 12.12.2014Indianapolis Bar Association Remains Optimistic About Justice Center Complex
The Indianapolis Bar Association expressed its continued optimism about the prospects of a new criminal justice center complex in light of today’s important announcement by City officials that a preferred bidder has been selected.
- 12.10.2014Retirement Celebration to be Held for Judge Louis Rosenberg
Marion County Circuit Court will host a celebration for Judge Louis Rosenberg's retirement on December 18, 2014 from noon to 2 p.m. See this post for more information.
- 12.01.2014Public Notice of Local Rule Amendments - Southern District of Indiana
The U.S. District Court released a public notice of the amendments to Local Rules for the Southern District of Indiana, which will take effect on January 1, 2015. See this post for more information.