Employee Benefit Issues in Mergers and Acquisitions
Continuing Legal Education
March 19, 2014Wednesday12:00pm - 1:00pm
This seminar will familiarize business lawyers with the most common employee benefits issues arising in connection with mergers and acquisitions and provide practical pointers to help them understand, identify and address those issues and avoid unexpected liabilities and complications.
The topics addressed with include:
- Common benefits issues and concerns for buyers and sellers in stock sales, asset sales and mergers
- Goals and importance of pre-transaction employee benefits due diligence
- Allocation of risks and responsibilities
- Potential “big ticket” exposure items relating to employee benefits
- Important agreement provisions, including benefits representations and warranties, covenants and indemnification
This program is part of the 2014 Busines Law Skills Series. Check out the full series here.
Please note: lunch is not included with this seminar. Brown bag lunches are welcome. Carryout is also available from the Labor District Cafe on the second floor of our building. Online ordering is available here. Use coupon code INDYBAR10 to receive 10% off any pre-order carry-out purchase.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (General)
- Business Law Section
- Ms. Gayle L. Skolnik, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Registration for this event is now closed.