Young Lawyers Division
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 10.05.2015Meet the YLD: Amy Kluesner
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this series! In this post, meet Amy Kluesner of Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP.
- 09.22.2015Three Job Openings in Court of Appeals
The Indiana Court of Appeals has the following job openings: Law Clerk for Judge Pyle III; Law Clerk for Judge Robb; and Appellate Case Manager, Clerk's Office. See this post for more details.
- 09.16.2015Why You Need to be at the Networking CLE Series
The Indy Attorneys Network Section will be putting on a three-part presentation series that will provide you with the tools and knowledge needed to achieve your networking goals. The first session is coming up on September 24. More info here.
- 09.09.2015You're Invited: Leadership Indianapolis Civic Leadership Summit
Leadership Indianapolis is hosting its first Civic Leadership Summit on Monday, October 12. Learn more about the event here.
- 08.31.2015Meet the YLD: Jennifer Strange
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this series! In this post, meet Jennifer Strange of Drewry Simmons Vornehm LLP.
- 08.25.2015You're Invited: Reach for Youth "Don't Judge Me" Happy Hour
Reach for Youth, the 2012 Impact Fund Grant recipient and local non-profit, is inviting licensed attorneys to learn more about the Teen Court program and how to get involved. Learn more here.
- 08.24.2015YLD Indians Game a Home Run
Thank you to all who came out to support the Indianapolis Indians on June 30. Check out this post for a recap of the event and photos of YLD members who attended!
- 08.19.2015Progress Report: Millennial Lawyer Survey Results
Check out what a survey of 880 millennial lawyers revealed about the current climate of law for younger attorneys in this post.
- 08.03.2015Meet the YLD: Janelle Kilies
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this series! In this post, meet Janelle Kilies of Lewis Wagner LLP.
- 07.31.2015Tips for Practicing Sports & Entertainment Law
Interested in practicing sports law? See this article for some practical pointers to help you break into the practice area.
- 07.20.2015Getting to Know FORTE at Intro to Indy
The YLD’s second event of the 2015 Intro to Indy Series was held on Thursday, July 16 at The District Tap. Check out this post for a recap of the event and for information about FORTE.
- 07.09.2015YLD Member Discount for Jorgstock 2015
YLD members are invited to attend the Eiteljorg Museum’s Jorgstock this upcoming Saturday, July 11 from 5:30 to 11 p.m. at a discounted price. Click here for more information.
- 07.02.2015Meet the YLD: Justin Allen
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this series! In this post, meet Justin Allen of Plews Shadley Racher & Braun LLP.
- 06.30.2015CASA Volunteer Special One-Day Training Session Offered to Attorneys
On Thursday, July 9, Child Advocates will host a one-day training class for attorneys to become a CASA volunteer from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 06.22.2015Summer Associates Have a Great Time at Annual Scavenger Hunt
On Friday, June 12, the YLD hosted the annual Summer Associate Scavenger Hunt. This year, there were 12 teams with a total of 52 participants. Click here for a recap and photos from the event.
- 06.09.2015Top Ten Tips for First and Second Year Associates
This post provides great tips on successfully marketing yourself during your first and second year as an associate. Check it out for ways that you can do just that with the IndyBar.
- 06.05.201510th Annual IndyVolved by IndyHub Coming Up!
The 10th annual IndyVolved by IndyHub will be held on Thursday, June 18 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Central Library (40 E. Saint Clair Street). Click here for more information.
- 06.03.2015Be a Friend with Best Buddies Indiana
Are you looking for a great opportunity to get involved in the community and change someone’s life forever? We encourage you to check out Best Buddies Indiana. Click here for more information.
- 06.01.2015Meet the YLD: Jenai M. Brackett
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this series! In this post, meet Jenai M. Brackett of Frost Brown Todd LLC.
- 05.18.2015The X Factor for Success as an Attorney
Do you have the “X Factor” for success? Do you even know what the “X Factor” is? Find out the answer in this post - it may surprise you!
- 05.08.2015Meet the YLD: Matthew Neumann
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this series! In this post, meet Matthew Neumann, the 2015 YLD Chair.
- 05.04.2015Young Lawyers Team Up to Help "Keep Indianapolis Beautiful"
Check out this post for a recap and photos of the recent Great Indy Cleanup on Saturday, April 25.
- 05.01.2015Spring APC a Great Success
On Thursday, April 23 the YLD held their annual Applied Professionalism Course. Check out this post for a recap of the event.
- 04.28.2015Summer Scavenger Hunt Registration Open!
Don't miss the annual summer associate scavenger hunt on Friday, June 12 from 1 to 6 p.m. Check out this post for more information.
- 04.17.2015Associate 101 Series: Strong Start and What's Next
Check out this post for a recap of the first CLE in the Associate 101 Series and a look at what's next.
- 04.15.2015Volunteer Spots Still Available for the Great Indy Cleanup
Sign up today to participate in the Great Indy Cleanup on Saturday, April 25 from 8:30 a.m. to noon. See this post for more details.
- 04.15.2015Don't Miss Spring APC on April 23!
The YLD's Applied Professionalism Course (APC) is April 23 and there will be a free social for APC attendees immediately following. Check out this post for more information.
- 04.09.2015New Lawyers - Take Note of Criticism
Check out this post for an article that claims new lawyers should seek out criticism in order to further their growth as attorneys.
- 04.01.2015Meet the YLD: Ronan Johnson
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this series! In this post, meet Ronan Johnson, the 2015 YLD Past Chair.
- 03.24.2015March Madness Social a Success
The YLD's March Madness Kick-Off Social on Thursday, March 19 was a great time for all who attended. Check out this post for photos and a recap of the event.
- 03.13.2015Volunteer Callout for Great Indy Cleanup
YLD members are invited to join Mayor Ballard's Great Indy Cleanup on Saturday, April 25. There are 20 spots available, so check out this post for details about how to sign up and get involved.
- 03.13.2015March Madness Kick-Off Social is Coming Up
College basketball season is coming to a close and March Madness is upon us, which can only mean one thing: It's time for the YLD's Annual March Madness Kick-Off Social! Check out this post for details.
- 03.10.2015Pitfalls of Paying Off Law School Loans with Your Bonus
Graduating from law school can come with an incredible amount of debt. Check out this post for some pitfalls of using your bonus toward paying off those student loans.
- 02.26.2015Meet the YLD: Jennifer Tudor Wright
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this series! In this post, meet Jennifer Tudor Wright, the 2015 YLD Social Committee co-chair.
- 02.26.2015Buying a Practice? Keep an Eye Out for This CLE
If you are considering changing careers, moving in house or into government work, or interested in buying a practice, you won't want to miss the Senior Counsel Division's upcoming CLE on this topic! Find out more in this post.
- 02.25.2015Take 10: The Associate 101 Series
Check out this post for 10 reasons why new attorneys need to attend the Associate 101 Series! Don't forget to register for the first session coming up on March 27.
- 02.11.2015Job Hunting Tips for Young Attorneys
Check out this post for advice on putting your best foot forward when you're on the hunt for a job.
- 02.09.2015New Resource Available: Indiana Law Review Blog
The Indiana Law Review at the IU McKinney School of Law recently launched its online blog. Check out this post for more information on the new resource for legal practitioners, judiciary members and law students.
- 02.02.2015Meet the YLD: Justin Sorrell
Get to know the people who make up the YLD Executive Committee with this new series! First up: Justin Sorrell, the 2015 YLD Education Committee co-chair.
- 01.22.2015Coming Up: Disaster Response and Preparedness Legal Training
Don't miss this opportunity for disaster legal services training at an upcoming program on Sunday, Feb. 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Check out this post for more information.
- 01.21.2015Five Qualities to Set Yourself Apart
Check out this post to learn about five qualities that can help you differentiate yourself in your career.
- 12.19.2014Don't Miss the Grand Finale of the Intro to Indy Series!
Mark your calendars now for the final event in the Intro to Indy Series on Thursday, Jan. 22 from 5:30 to 7 :30 p.m. at Ralston's.
- 12.16.2014The True Cost of a CLE: You Get What You Pay For
Check out this post by Alex Limontes for a look at the true value - and cost - of attending a CLE.
- 12.16.2014Six Practical Steps to Better Depositions
Litigators' primary in-person contact with the opposing party and their counsel is in the form of depositions. Check out this post for tips on how to make your depositions better.
- 12.05.2014YLD Holiday Party Wraps Up a Successful Year
Check out this post for a recap of the YLD Holiday Party and a preview of what's to come for the division's 2015 social calendar.
- 12.03.2014Don't Lose Would-Be Clients from a Call
Get advice about how to stay on top of client and would-be client communications so that you don't lose potential business from a phone call.
- 11.18.2014Pieces of Advice for a New Lawyer
Young lawyers get a lot of advice. What's one of the lessons that stands out most to Kate Erdel? Find out in this post and check out some other pieces of advice for new lawyers.
- 11.18.2014Intro to Indy Partner Organization's Community Leadership Project
Leadership Indianapolis, a partner of the YLD's Intro to Indy Series, is working on a community-wide assessment of leadership in 2014. They are asking for YLD members to fill out their survey by Friday, Nov. 21.
- 11.13.2014YLD Members Recognized at Annual Awards Luncheon
Several YLD members received awards and were recognized at the IndyBar and IBF Recognition Luncheon. Check out this post to find out who and congratulate them!
- 11.06.2014Using Worker's Comp in Your Defense: An Upcoming CLE
So you've been given an Indiana worker's compensation file...now what? If you're a civil litigator who has ever been in that situation, this CLE is for you! Check out this post for more information.
- 11.04.2014Using Social Media for Success: Tips and Pitfalls You Need to Know
You may be savvy when it comes to social media, but the platforms constantly evolve. Check out this post by Katherine Erdel for tips on using Facebook to become a better lawyer and important pitfalls to know.
- 11.03.2014Intro to Indy Upcoming Event - Lead the Way with Indy's Best!
The Young Lawyers Division will host the third event in the Intro to Indy Series with Leadership Indianapolis on Tuesday, Nov. 18 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- 10.23.2014Positions Available with IndyBar Young Lawyers Division
The Young Lawyers Division (YLD) of the Indianapolis Bar Association is in the process of selecting its Executive Committee and sub-committee members for 2015.
- 10.20.2014Getting Clients From the Get-Go
How can new attorneys get clients when they're being tasked with so much work as it is? In this post, Katherine Erdel shares an article that explains just that. There aren't shortcuts in this business, but this post has some great tips for getting started
- 10.15.2014Get Your APC with the YLD on Oct. 30!
If you're a new lawyer, you can't afford to miss out on the Applied Professionalism Course on Oct. 30! This program is a great deal at only $75 for six credits - and there's even a fun social afterward to celebrate. Check out this post for more informatio