Women and the Law Division
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 04.01.2014Women Flexing Their Economic Muscle
Business Wire reports that women are choosing the path of entrepreneurship at record rates. Nearly 1300 women-owned businesses are started each day, which is double the rate from only three years ago.
- 04.01.2014Ms. JD Seeks Executive Director
As the U.S.'s premier organization for early career lawyers and aspiring female lawyers, Ms. JD brings legal practitioners, law students, and aspiring lawyers together to drive the critical national conversation about gender issues in the legal sector.
- 03.28.2014Slate Reports on Judicial Expectations for Female Attorneys
A recent Slate article points out the confusing, and sometimes contradictory, judicial expectations and standards of dress for female attorneys.
- 03.25.2014Meet the 2014 IndyBar Women & the Law Division Executive Committee
Lead by chair Tina Clark, the committee represents a diverse array of backgrounds and practice areas.
- 03.20.2014WLD Members Invited to Coffee at McKinney
Members of the IndyBar Women & the Law Division are invited to a coffee hour at Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
- 03.18.2014National Association of Women Lawyers Seeks Executive Director
The National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) is seeking an energetic, experienced Executive Director to serve in its Chicago headquarters.
- 03.17.2014Above the Law Reports on New Wage Study
Above the Law reports on a recent study by the National Association of Women Lawyers on women's wages in BigLaw.
- 03.16.2014Time's Report on 16 Women Leaders Once Called "Bossy"
Sheryl Sandberg has launched a campaign to "Ban Bossy" - to change a culture where men are bosses but women are "bossy." Read here about 16 successful women who have overcome a charge of bossiness.
- 03.02.2014Pacer at your Fingertips
iPhone J.D. reviews DkT, the iPhone and iPad app that it has deemed the best for accessing PACER on the go.
- 03.02.2014Review of Five Standing Desks
Thinking about trying out a standing desk? Lifehacker reviews the five best.
- 03.02.2014Learning to say No
From Lifehacker, the website that knows how to make everything better--advice on when and how to say no for those occasions where you might need to do so.
- 03.02.2014New Above the Law column features two-woman firm
Columnist Christina Gagnier from Above the Law offers insights gained as she and another female colleague manage their own boutique law firm.
- 03.02.2014One law professor's perspective on Leaning In
Georgetown University law professor Rosa Brooks describes her personal reaction to "Lean In" and her thoughts about achieving gender equality in the workplace and the home.
- 02.21.2014Two women to join IURC
Marcia Oddi of the Indiana Law Blog reports Governor Mike Pence's selction of Angela Weber and Carol Stephan to join the IURC
- 02.14.2014Women and the Law Meeting Minutes for July Now Available
The Women & the Law Division Executive Committee met on January 8, 2014.
- 12.13.2013Reflecting on 2013 and Looking Ahead to 2014
Thank you, Nicky Mendenhall, for your leadership as Chair of the WLD in 2013. With Nicky’s guidance, the WLD offered numerous substantive CLE opportunities, participated in philanthropic and networking activities, and supported friendships and mentorships